Loners on Wheels - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-29-2013, 08:53 AM   #1
Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 2012 Chevy Silverado
Loners on Wheels

As many of you know I'm recently widowed having lost my wife in May. Do any of you belong to Loners on Wheels or any other groups for RVing singles? I've gone out for three days alone and it was ok but.........

rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #2
Trailer: 2007 Casita
Bob, Not sure if you will find this link helpful..... But it's a start, Solo Campers - Online Community for Solo Camping

As well as if you search through some of the Glass/Camping forums there tends to be a "solos" sub forum.

The link I provided is pretty slow forum, but hey you never know you might find a get together you wanna join in on.

I think I remember seeing a singles Good Sam group, might check that out too!

But remember, when your camping your never alone, unless you wanna be!
Good Luck!

Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:57 PM   #3
Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
I do NOT know for sure but it seems like I have heard that Escapees RV Club

has a group of singles ...some one here is a member of Escapees so maybe they can chime in and let you know ...i do know that they are a good group to join,with lots of befits.

Also try this group Single RVers- Loners On Wheels - RV Singles I have talked to people that are members of it and they like it.

Keep camping you will find you still enjoy it. Good luck to you

Happy Camping
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #4
Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!

I am usually alone while camping but I have always had a good trip when with fellow FGRV people,just like when we were neighbors last year in Indiana!

You and Grace were great together and had it worked out for a long time but I am sure you will learn to adapt and have fun again,it will just take some practice.

I have a friend who says "Time Takes Time" and sometimes I regret that he is correct too!

If you try to stick in a group of those that you know I am sure you will feel better sooner than if alone too.

Please join us in Brown County in October if you are in the area and try to get in on any FGRV Rallies or Gatherings you can be near.

Hope to see you soon.
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:04 PM   #5
Name: Nancy
Trailer: 16' Scamp
I have been a member of Loners on Wheels for 15 years. A great group and a lot of fun. Go to the LOW website and you will see who to contact in Michigan. Site is:
lonersonwheels@gmail.com. Contact person for Michigan is: Terri Strutz 517-410-0944 or terricek@prodigy.net. I have made many good friends in that group. I belonged to the Il-low-fers in Northern Illinois. Nancy
NancyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:29 AM   #6
Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
I don't know how far you like venturing from home, but we would love to have at our Ohio get together in Sept. We often have single folks in attendance, but we don't single you out... every person is a member of the family, you don't have to come as a couple.

Some of the group comes earlier and some stay later, and some come for only a day or two. terry r.

Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote