Longest trip yet... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-16-2003, 01:39 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Longest trip yet...

Well the wife and I are leaving tomorow morning for our 700 mile round trip to Whitewater, Wisconsin. We're making our semi-annual pilgrimage to the Alpine Valley Music Theater to catch our favorite band Phish.

We've always tented in the past so this will be fun for us...plus this is a mom and dad weekend! Thank God for Grandma's!!!

The trailer is loaded, the bearings and brakes have been checked so I think we'll get there an back just fine.

We'll be "boondocking" as I believe it's called around here. I didn't know we were going to have a trailer when I made our reservations at the campground. It will be nice to have our own bathroom running off of battery, and be off the ground. Plus if it gets rainy we can read and play cards inside.

I started taking a bunch of pictures inside and out of our Scamp, I'll finish the roll this weekend and work on uploading them next week. They're all "after" shots though, I don't have any from "before" we gave it our touch. It's a shame you guys won't be able to see the nice loon curtains that came with it...:cry

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 02:10 PM   #2

>>won't be able to see the nice loon curtains

What, Jeremy, you mean you didn't keep them? :wink

Have a great time at the concert. It sounds like fun!

Old 07-16-2003, 02:38 PM   #3

looney curtains

Well they're in the basement will all of the other items we removed from the scamp to make it our own. I'll take a picture of them to show as well...that won't have quite the same effect though as when they were adorning the windows.:reye2

Old 07-16-2003, 06:41 PM   #4

Jeremy, what a fun time that sounds. everyone there will want a tour.
Solar Yellow??? does this mean I have a fellow yellow tow vehicle owner? it's about time.

Old 07-16-2003, 09:38 PM   #5

Yeller

Yup, it's easy to spot in a crowded parking lot! ;) I've seen the yellow Escapes on the road and mistake them for my Xterra. I've got a couple pictures of my "rig" set up. Hopefully I can show them to the world next week. Off to bed with sweet dreams of camping in my head...:zz

Old 07-16-2003, 11:37 PM   #6

Hi Jeremy, Just curious if you`ve ever been to the House on the Rock....Located in Spring Green area in Wisconsin....Well worth the visit and be prepared to spend a day there...Worlds largest merry go round indoors...more calliopes, etc. than you can imagine and so much other interesting displays...unbelievable....Benny

Old 07-17-2003, 07:00 AM   #7

House on the rock

No, I've never been there. My wife has. She says its a great thing to see. One of these summers we'll take the kids there for a family vacation, hit the Dells while we're there.

Old 07-17-2003, 10:46 PM   #8

Hi again Jeremy, Yes the dells are impressive and interesting...we only took one tour but wish that we would have the time to take them both...Hace a great vacation...Benny

Old 07-21-2003, 12:57 PM   #9

Back In Action

Well we're back from our trip. The trailer and tow vehicle both performed flawlessly. We received many comments on our trailer which was fun. We also spotted a 16' Casita cruising through Whitewater, WI on Friday 7/18. I believe it was being towed by a Toyota 4 runner. Also got a tour of a 2000 13' Scamp that we spotted in the parking lot of the concert. It was so shiny and bright both inside and out, compared to our '82 Scamp. The weather was perfect, cloudless and sunny during the day, but not too hot. Nightime was cool and calm. Too bad we had to come back to work...

Old 07-21-2003, 01:30 PM   #10

>>too bad we had to come back to work

Glad to hear you had a great trip!

Have no fear ... start looking forward to the next trip ... the boss won't care if you do a little planning at work! Tell him we said it was ok!

I'd also like to see the loon curtains!