looking for 16 foot for rent, Orlando area - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-20-2010, 09:00 AM   #1

Trailer: Compact Jr
After my parents saw my 13 compact jr, they have decided they would like to rent a 16footer of some sort to travel up the east coast from florida in late sep. early oct. can anyone point us to company or individual that may want to rent one for a 2 or 3 week period. any help would be welcome. They had a huge 40 foot monaco diesel pusher and it was just to much work . they still love to camp , and after going with us on a trip would really like to try a FGRV! they just want to rent to start with .
Heath G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:19 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
After my parents saw my 13 compact jr, they have decided they would like to rent a 16footer of some sort to travel up the east coast from florida in late sep. early oct. can anyone point us to company or individual that may want to rent one for a 2 or 3 week period. any help would be welcome. They had a huge 40 foot monaco diesel pusher and it was just to much work . they still love to camp , and after going with us on a trip would really like to try a FGRV! they just want to rent to start with .

This is the only place I've heard of that rents molded fiberglass trailers:

http://bolerbearxpress.com/index.html
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:11 PM   #3

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy

Quote:
can anyone point us to company or individual that may want to rent one for a 2 or 3 week period.
UHaul had the only viable, national long term rental program due to their trailers being engineered like tanks to withstand the abuses of the majority of rental customers. Unfortunately, their experience lost money which drove them out of the RV business after only 2 years. It really speaks volumes that a national rental business can come close to bankruptcy by renting out lightweight travel trailers.

Several small regional start-up companies tried their hand at it... and did not survive.
Link to previous topic about rentals

Right now Deb & Chuck's reference seems to be the only Fiberglass Trailer Rental company in business at this time. They're in Toronto, Ontario, Canada... Escape has rented trailers, But they're in Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada...not much help to your folks in Florida.

If your folks are Retired Military, or Retired Federal Civil Service, they may inquire at nearby military base "Morale, Welfare, and Recreation" departments. Many of those places have small travel trailers for rent, and some use Scamps or Casitas in their rental fleets.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:22 PM   #4

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy

Link to previous discussion about individuals:
Would you loan out your egg? or rent it?
Old 06-20-2010, 06:51 PM   #5

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry

I'd try posting on Craigslist.com in the locale of interest. I agree it's going to be private party.

Regards,

Matt