Looking for a Parkliner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #1

Name: Joseph
Trailer: In the market
Virginia
Looking for a Parkliner

Hi everyone,

I am new to this but I am looking to get a little trailer for my family. We have two young kids and the Parkliner frankly looks awesome. Because this is would be my first trailer I am looking to find a used one if possible. I know this will be hard because there are not that many being made but I thought that maybe someone on here would know of one for sale on the east coast somewhere. I am located in Northern Virginia.

thanks

Joe
Jomoflymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:30 PM   #2

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
I wish you alot of luck Joe! I got lucky and found an almost new one in December and couldn't be happier with it. Just me but really love the big bed and all the space.

best of luck

deryk
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:57 PM   #3

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Do not think there are any used, just too new to have a used market.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #4

New Jersey
Registry
Technically I've seen 3 used ones for sale...the one on the west coast, Harry's, that I bought, and a 3rd i think was for sale in Ct. I'm on my droid so limited internet....check the for sale her over o month ago...was a bit pricy but a little cheaper then a new one. Yeah they only built a handful so far...but anything's possible

deryk
Old 02-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #5

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
True, but with 8 pages of f/g trailers for sale here, the Parkliner is rare indeed.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:09 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Here you go Joseph: 2013 Parkliner | Windsor, CT | Fiberglass RV's For Sale
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:13 PM   #7

Virginia
thanks Donna but that one is sold. If anyone does see one that is available please let me know
Old 02-22-2013, 06:58 PM   #8

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Since it appears you are in VA, I would guess in would be a reasonably short drive to visit Parkliner in Gibsonville, NC. Certainly closer than here in NY. Parkliners are so new that I can't imagine that the discount on a used one would be substantial unless the seller was in severe financial trouble. I would suggest that once you see one in person, the design and workmanship will offset the initial cost.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:43 PM   #9

Name: Scott
Trailer: Casita
Massachusetts
A Parkliner with the bunk bed option would be great for you but don't think you'll find one used. I'd think about a used pop up because it would be less money, a little more privacy and you could sell it when your ready to move up. Good luck!
Big O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #10

New Jersey
Registry
Ugghh i wouldn't wish a pop-up on someone lol...i would look for a scamp 16 first

deryk
Old 02-23-2013, 06:18 AM   #11

Virginia
thanks for all the help everyone. I am not really looking to save money I just called them and they are backed up with orders until July and I guess I was impatient and wanted one a bit quicker
Old 02-23-2013, 07:44 AM   #12

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
Sorry for you for a too-long wait ahead, but that's awesome the company is doing so well!
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:02 AM   #13

New Jersey
Registry
Well Joseph the longer you wait the longer the delivery time... I was real close to just going for broke and ordering a new one when I found Harry's...was used on 3 trips, never cooked in it... For the price I jumped on it.

I think you will be really happy if you order one.

deryk
Old 02-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #14

Name: James
Trailer: in the market
Wisconsin
Parkliner

Can't wait to order a parkliner next year when I retire.....only picture I haven't seen is the air vent/sky light (not the ceiling fan) on the ceiling/roof...
anyone have a picture of that......does it serve as a skylight and I also heard
it might me an emergency exit as well....
Jim
Jimjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #15

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Technically I've seen 3 used ones for sale...the one on the west coast, Harry's, that I bought, and a 3rd i think was for sale in Ct. I'm on my droid so limited internet....check the for sale her over o month ago...was a bit pricy but a little cheaper then a new one. Yeah they only built a handful so far...but anything's possible

deryk
It's a nice trailer, but only a couple of weeks ago they built their twenty-sixth one.
Already, three for sale? WOW!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #16

Name: Tim
Trailer: 2006 Casita
New York
It really all depends on the person's reason for selling. Some thought they would like camping and tried it , but it just wasn't for them. Others thought a 13'er was big enough, but they want something larger. Even some bought a larger trailer to find they really think they want something smaller. I saw a fellow in Florida that had a new Scamp 13 and decided he wants to sell it. Different strokes for different folks.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:46 AM   #17

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Selling so soon after purchase? There is any number of reasons and Tim gave a couple of them. And then there's health issues, financial reasons, storage problems, etc., etc. I guess I don't equate few all molded trailers built compared to the number used sold as a problem with the manufacturer as much as the individuals who purchased having good personal reasons for selling.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #18

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
We have been in the RVing world for almost 30 years and most recently, say the last 10 years, what I have seen is people buying for specific adventures, even for some dream vacation and they are trying to get a unit with good resale so that they can get a lot of their money back. (There would not be a better choice in doing this than a fiberglass egg.) They take the trip with the unit, saves renting a unit which is VERY expensive and they don't have to stay in hotels and can cook their own meals and then they put it on the market. This is not that unusual. A lot of people upgrade just because they have the money to do it. Sometimes if there is a couple, one doesn't like it and the other just gives up on it too. And, sadly, health is a major factor. Job loss another big one these days. And, some people just don't really think through a decision as carefully as they really should which means $$$$ savings for the rest of us!
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:23 PM   #19

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
On ordering a new Parkliner even if the "wait" is through July...
I would do it!

My wife and i had been in nearly every small rv available except an Oliver and the PL fit us like a glove when we had a look inside thanks to an owner. As soon as i was home from that visit I called Chandler and placed the order with deposit sent overnight to get in the build que.

I would rather camp in a tent for _one more season_ knowing that what i believed was going to be a good fit was in the build que.

Best wishes on your eggVenture : )
Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:51 PM   #20

New Jersey
Registry
Well with what the govt is doing to tow vehicles, I guess Im kinda limited about going larger lol. I really did like the scamp 13 deluxe but the takin the bed up and down dailey would just get old. The ParkLiner side dinette works for me... who knows when retirement hits in the future...might have floating cars by then lol

deryk

Tags
parkliner