Looking for an egg. Studying the info. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-11-2009, 04:19 PM   #15

Trailer: Trillium 4500 and 17 ft Eggcamper
Arrow

Quote:
We thank you all for so much info.

We are long time 'tenters'. Ready to begin to look at egglike trailers.
Two early-sixties adults; Arthur is nearly 6'4" ( plus one old dog ).
Possible 13'. Expect to get a used one as our first.

So, Thank You all for sharing info, that gives us many answers. Now, I feel a part of a community.
We expect to keep it simple with equipment except for setting up solar panels.

Gallina
I think about the longest bed is in the Egg Camper. It is 80" long, as long as the shorter person sleeps in the rear, where the curve of the trailer makes the bed a bit shorter. It is light weight, 2,000-2100# dry weight with AC, shower & toilet. The trailer's inside height also the tallest Egg, I believe. It is 16', back bumper to front hitch. Jim Palmer/Egg Camper is located in Michigan, maybe not too far to take a look...just a thought!

Old 02-11-2009, 06:08 PM   #16

Name: Orlen
Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')
Colorado
Quote:
I think about the longest bed is in the Egg Camper. It is 80" long, as long as the shorter person sleeps in the rear, where the curve of the trailer makes the bed a bit shorter. It is light weight, 2,000-2100# dry weight with AC, shower & toilet. The trailer's inside height also the tallest Egg, I believe. It is 16', back bumper to front hitch. Jim Palmer/Egg Camper is located in Michigan, maybe not too far to take a look...just a thought!
The overall length of an EggCamper isn't 16', it is 17'. Inside height is 6' 7" (for real - I measured it). The curve on the back isn't very pronounced so your bed will be a true 80"+ all the way to the back. I have a 54" x 80" (8" thick) mattress in mine. The width is a bit tight as Jim specifies the width at 53" but the 54" fits. There is about a 3" gap on both ends of the mattress to the wall, and about a 3" gap near the center rear. The EggCamper also has much more floorspace in the living area than a Scamp or Casita. About the only other egg with anywhere near the same space is the Burro 17' widebody. And I don't think it has the same headroom.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:33 PM   #17
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Texas
Registry
Quote:
One 17ft Casita model features a rear dinette which converts to a KING or 2 twins - very nifty!
This Casita model is called "Liberty" and it's available in either the 17 ft. or the 16 ft. length.

Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:52 AM   #18

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
We have the Liberty .. Jim is 6'1" .. The Liberty bed can be a King, twins or full size. We started out using the bed as a King.. Soon discovered that when one needs to go to bed - the other has to too. No place to sit in the Liberty.

We changed our Liberty to twin beds and it is great. Jim can get up before me and I can stay in bed while he gets dressed, and makes his bed up. He then has a couch to sit on. We love this arrangement.

The beds are 80 inches long and we came up with a way to make them wider and still have the wider aisle during the day. Works for us and it only takes a couple of minutes to set the beds up. (Photo 1 shows one side original width - the other wider.)
Attached Thumbnails
Upton_Casita_Interior_low_res_04.jpg   Upton_Casita_Interior_low_res_11.jpg  

Tags
eggcamper