Looking for information - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2007, 01:21 PM   #1

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
I am looking for more information about "eggs". I have been browsing pages for the past few weeks looking for an answer. I am looking for a trailer that can be pulled by a vehicle with a 2000 lb. tow limit. With a comfortable bed to handle two, and enough height so I can stand up. I am 5 foot eleven. I realized my neighbour had a beachcomber, he doesn't know what he has and discovered I couldn't stand up straight in it. I appreciate the person who suggests to go to a meet and so I am wondering what might be available in the area. I work on sunday's. Looking for your recommendations. We have used tent trailers for the past 2o years, the kids are no longer at home, and the last trip was cold and damp in canvas.

I cannot afford to purchase a new trailer, a new Bigfoot in the local lot is $25,000

If this is in the wrong place feel free to move to appropriate spot.

Some may have the info to come up with a brand, year data base that puts it all together.
Kent I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:10 PM   #2

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Generally, to meet the 2000 lb limit, I think you're looking at 13-foot eggs, and the very few that are slightly larger. Options...
  • classic Boler 1300 (long out of production but available used in B.C.)
  • Boler 1500 (extremely rare, built a quarter century ago)
  • Trillium 1300 (see the Helpful-Links section for current Trillium makers, also available used)
  • Trillium 4500 and Triple-E Surfside (4.5 metres, only available used until this spring)
  • Scamp 13' (available new - see Helpful-Links - but almost never seen in Canada)
  • Casita 13' (again, available new - see Helpful-Links - but almost never seen in Canada)
  • Bigfoot 13' (a.k.a. Little Bigfoot) (made in the Okanagan, but long out of production and rare)
and some even less common models you might see the FiberglassRV Albums.

The "smallest" Bigfoot (that $25,000 25B17.5 model) is not at all typical of these smaller trailers. The built-in-Chilliwack Escape 17' is closer, but still larger than the target here.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:41 PM   #3

I have been making inquiry of Trillium. Trillium RV , California gave me a Calgary number to call. E-mail to Outback in Calgary resulted in a Walnut Grove california phone number. I have yet to call because it doesn't make sense.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:51 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I understand your desire to stand up straight...but believe me that will be less of a factor than finding a comfortable bed. Most often in a 13 foot trailer (which has a 10ft interior) you'll find yourself either sitting down or laying down. If you find the trailer is perfect other than the inch or two height, I wouldn't worry about it.

Click on RV Classified Web Sites from the Helpful-Links page for a bunch of internet places to search for a used trailer.

Welcome to FiberglassRV too! We're glad you're here.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 04:37 PM   #5

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Kent...
HI AND Welcome to the Egg Basket, LOL!!!

Usually more than a few 13ft. Trilliums for sale down here in the lower mainland.
'Trils' have about an inch or so height advantage over their glass companions.
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 06:21 PM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
I have been making inquiry of Trillium. Trillium RV , California gave me a Calgary number to call. E-mail to Outback in Calgary resulted in a Walnut Grove california phone number. I have yet to call because it doesn't make sense.
The Calgary number is good.I e-mailed them and got all the info i wanted along with prices.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:50 PM   #7

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Unlike the major U.S. brands, Trillium (Outback) and Bigfoot are sold at RV dealerships. You can actually look at one if there is a dealer nearby who stocks them... unfortunately, I don't see a dealer list on the Team Trillium Trailers website, and the Edmonton dealer's name won't do Kent much good!
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:36 AM   #8

Trailer: 1996 13 ft Scamp
Send a message via AIM to John Perry
Quote:
I understand your desire to stand up straight...but believe me that will be less of a factor than finding a comfortable bed.

Donna,
You gave me that bit of advice several months ago. You are correct. If it had not been for your advice I would have passed up my 13" Scamp.
I am 6' 2" and have to slouch a bit but it is no big deal.
I love my Scamp.

Thanks,
John
John Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:50 PM   #9

This was the question I asked a couple of months ago and with more knowledge I want to ask it again. I have sinced learned that Compact Junior, Compact 11 or Trail west campsters might be worthwith candidates. I like a bigger bed, sleeping down the centre line so I don't have to climp over partner or she me, for the trips to the bathroom during the night. Any other suggestions people can make. Thanks for all previous replies.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:17 AM   #10

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft / Chevy Astrovan
Our 13' Trillium has plenty of headroom for my 6'1" husband. Bed is a bit narrow, so we sleep head to toe, but many people have made bed extensions for greater width.
We got ours for a very modest price, so that was a big factor. And it had hardly been used at all in its 30 years!
Connie M. is offline   Reply With Quote