Looking for RV Part (not sure of the product name) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-24-2009, 12:29 AM   #1

Trailer: 2007 Casita
I am needing to get a, sorry I don't know what the actual product name is. All my Dh or other rv guys called it was a piggy back. What it is, is a small extension type cord that allows a 50 amp rv to plug into a 30 amp site. (can be done vice versa but that is not what the manufactures recomendations recomend). Any way I need to purchase one, I am sure I could get it at Camp World but don't have time to run to Denver. And since I can't remember what they are actually called I can't call around to find one. Of coures I need it before Thanksgiving! Use to have one, but gave it to the new owners of our Class A and haven't needed on with the Casita (though I could plug into 50 amp in our barn, I have just used the house hold for Casita cleaning, fridge cool down etc) but we have guest coming for Thanksgiving that have a 30 amp rv, and I need to plug them in so they can run their heater. If you wouldn't mind passing along the product name and where other than Camping World I might be able to pick one up I would be really really Thankful! Just the thought of fitting a trip to Denver in before Wed is not looking likely or fun with all I have to get done before they get here. Thank You.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:27 AM   #2

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
I think it would be called a "pigtail" or adapter. I think I may have seen some in the camping department at Wal-Mart, but I'm not positive.

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:12 AM   #3

Trailer: 1991 Scamp 16 ft
http://www.adventurerv.net/amp-female-amp-...pter-p-122.html

Looks like it's just called an adapter?

1991 Scamp 16'
Bryan L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:12 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
This is the wrong amps... but like this?
15/30 AMP Adapter
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:19 AM   #5

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
I think it would be called a "pigtail" or [b]adapter.
The proper name is "Electrical Adapter". Nicknames are "Pigtail" or "Dog Bone"
RV Electrical Adapter: 30 amp male to 50 amp female
RV Electrical Adapter: 50 amp male to 30 amp female
I think I have seen them in WalMart too.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:34 AM   #6

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul
You could always buy two plugs and a foot of wire and make your own.
Judith Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:54 PM   #7

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Thank You everyone! I could not remember the name, and of course Dh just looks at me like Huh? So I figured someone would rescue me. I actually need the one Frederick posted, I will run to Walmart tomorrow. Thanks Again!

RV Electrical Adapter: 50 amp male to 30 amp female Our barn has household and 50 amp, I have always just used the household to plug in the Casita when I need lights or whatever. But not drawing any big stuff. But Our family and friends who are coming for Thanksgiving have a 30amp motor home and they will need to plug into more than household plug in, so they can run their heater. Believe me when I say, I know that the adapter can be used wrong (saw it several times when guest thought they could plug their 30 amp rig into 50 amp and pull 50 amps thru their 30amp rig) Hellooooooooooo! Several fried their rigs wirering! We're not going there, just need them to be able to run the heater, so they won't be pulling more amps than what it needs.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote