Looking For UHaul Brochures and Ads - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-30-2013, 08:33 AM   #1
Moderator
 
Pam Garlow's Avatar
 
Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Posts: 3,220
Registry
Looking For UHaul Brochures and Ads

I'd like to put together some printed ads and brochures for my UH when I have it out camping at various rallies. I've checked on the Document center and there is one brochure in there (very low res, 64K size file). I have the actual original parts and repair manual as well as the instruction booklet that was sent out with the UH when they rented them.

I'm just looking for more printed materials. If anyone has anything that they want to email me in a larger file size, I'd really appreciate it. PM me and I'll send you my email addy. Tx!
__________________

__________________
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
djtriceflt's Avatar
 
Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Posts: 392
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
I'd like to put together some printed ads and brochures for my UH when I have it out camping at various rallies. I've checked on the Document center and there is one brochure in there (very low res, 64K size file). I have the actual original parts and repair manual as well as the instruction booklet that was sent out with the UH when they rented them.

I'm just looking for more printed materials. If anyone has anything that they want to email me in a larger file size, I'd really appreciate it. PM me and I'll send you my email addy. Tx!
Ms Pam,
The two pages I sent you appear to be out of a magazine as they have 56 and 57 on their lower corners. It would be GREAT if enough info/memorabilia shows
Up that could be made available to all us UHaulers! Regardless, this is a great thread!
__________________

__________________
don '85 CT-13 PEACE be with you!
"Sometimes the hunt is better than the catch"
djtriceflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:32 AM   #3
Moderator
 
Pam Garlow's Avatar
 
Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Posts: 3,220
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtriceflt View Post
Ms Pam,
The two pages I sent you appear to be out of a magazine as they have 56 and 57 on their lower corners. It would be GREAT if enough info/memorabilia shows
Up that could be made available to all us UHaulers! Regardless, this is a great thread!
Thanks, Don.
I'm hoping that there are other UH lovers out there that will share.
__________________
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Posts: 4,333
I've also been looking but haven't found anything at all. A while back there was some old Uhaul paperwork for sale on ebay, I asked if they had anything related to the campers, but no luck.
__________________
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:25 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
This is just a suggestion.

I know original paperwork is always the best. But, have you considered an electronic picture frame? Lo-res scans can be loaded, just like family pics. Take that to a meet-up instead of a binder full of photocopies. Lo-res scans can look good electronically... not so good when printed. Better'n nothing...
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
djtriceflt's Avatar
 
Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Posts: 392
Registry
UHaul themselves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
This is just a suggestion.

I know original paperwork is always the best. But, have you considered an electronic picture frame? Lo-res scans can be loaded, just like family pics. Take that to a meet-up instead of a binder full of photocopies. Lo-res scans can look good electronically... not so good when printed. Better'n nothing...
A GREAT suggestion!

Another thought is that there must have been a fair amount of advertising by UHaul, that was done in magazines circa 84 -91, but finding the ads now would seem difficult unless they had been recorded someway. Possibly someone connected with UHaul would have access to their archives about
their advertising/brochures they made?
__________________
don '85 CT-13 PEACE be with you!
"Sometimes the hunt is better than the catch"
djtriceflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:34 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
djtriceflt's Avatar
 
Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Posts: 392
Registry
Sent request to UHaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
I'd like to put together some printed ads and brochures for my UH when I have it out camping at various rallies. I've checked on the Document center and there is one brochure in there (very low res, 64K size file). I have the actual original parts and repair manual as well as the instruction booklet that was sent out with the UH when they rented them.

I'm just looking for more printed materials. If anyone has anything that they want to email me in a larger file size, I'd really appreciate it. PM me and I'll send you my email addy. Tx!
Ms. Pam,
I sent an inquiry to the UHaul PR Dept. requesting any information that might be available in their archives, from the 1980s, regarding our trailers. I did get a reply back saying they would forward it to their art dept. as that is where they keep all the old ads , etc. Hopefully, they might get back to us? I did emphasize that it would be great PR for UHaul as we UHaulers show any interested parties the old ads...
__________________
don '85 CT-13 PEACE be with you!
"Sometimes the hunt is better than the catch"
djtriceflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Thomas G.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Posts: 5,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtriceflt View Post
Ms. Pam,
I sent an inquiry to the UHaul PR Dept. requesting any information that might be available in their archives, from the 1980s, regarding our trailers. I did get a reply back saying they would forward it to their art dept. as that is where they keep all the old ads , etc. Hopefully, they might get back to us? I did emphasize that it would be great PR for UHaul as we UHaulers show any interested parties the old ads...
Be persistent. I was after a UHaul super graphic and they dropped the ball several times before I got what I asked for. I still think that the whole camper episode is something that they would rather forget.
__________________
UHaul and Burro owners, join the UHaul Campers on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/529276933859491/
Thomas G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
djtriceflt's Avatar
 
Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Posts: 392
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
I still think that the whole camper episode is something that they would rather forget.
Mr. Tom, You may be right. It all dates back to the time of the family coup...It's a shame as the concept of renting mini RVs really is appealing
now-a-days unless you happen to own an oil well!
__________________

__________________
don '85 CT-13 PEACE be with you!
"Sometimes the hunt is better than the catch"
djtriceflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
uhaul


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ads on ebay Gene Masse Referrals: Molded Fiberglass Trailers 0 02-02-2013 03:53 PM
Ads on website Colin77 General Chat 24 05-26-2012 08:27 AM
Where'd all the ads come from? Lil M. General Chat 4 01-17-2012 07:56 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.