Lopez Lake Recreation Area - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-15-2010, 09:53 PM   #1

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
We're thinking of camping at Lopez Lake but noticed the RR tracks going through the park. Are they still active??

Lopez Lake Recreation Area
Arroyo Grande, CA 93420

Was hoping one of my fellow Casita campers knows.

Anne3358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:37 PM   #2

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Hi Bill and Marianne

No problem for us at Lake Lopez. We were there in 2002 and 2003 at rallies that Lori and Mike put on. If there was a railroad problem.. we don't remember it. We do know there are wild turkeys, and great places to ride bicycles where you'll see very old run down barns and equipment. The campsites are nice .. plenty of room. We would go back again anytime.

When are you planning on going?

Carol and Jim
Attached Thumbnails
101_0174_IMG.JPG   101_0144_IMG.JPG  

CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Hi Bill and Marianne

No problem for us at Lake Lopez. We were there in 2002 and 2003 at rallies that Lori and Mike put on. If there was a railroad problem.. we don't remember it. We do know there are wild turkeys, and great places to ride bicycles where you'll see very old run down barns and equipment. The campsites are nice .. plenty of room. We would go back again anytime.

When are you planning on going?

Carol and Jim
How are you?

We're looking for a place for Memorial Day weekend. Some place warm????? It has been a cool and wet winter
Old 03-15-2010, 11:50 PM   #4

Trailer: 2007 Casita
I haven't camped there since I was a kid, but I don't remember railroad tracks or noise? hmmmmm

We were more about the water but I think I would have remembered a train coming thru.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:18 AM   #5

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Quote:
How are you?

We're looking for a place for Memorial Day weekend. Some place warm????? It has been a cool and wet winter

Hi

If Lopez Lake is still the same as when we were there in 2002 and 2003, you will have a really nice time there.

Carol
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:50 PM   #6

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
I had a chance to camp at Lopez Lake Thursday, April 22. There were lots of critters, including ospreys, quail and turkeys. The campsites are a little close together, but we were there midweek when there were lots of vacant sites. Several campgrounds have full hookups for $30 plus another $3 for Tristan dog. I had a hot shower for 3 quarters. There is a small store at the marina. We also spent 2 nights at Pinnacles National Monument without electricity. They are in the process of bringing more campsites with hookups on line. Weather continues to be an issue in our part of California. More rain expected Tuesday.
BobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:46 PM   #7

Quote:
I had a chance to camp at Lopez Lake Thursday, April 22. There were lots of critters, including ospreys, quail and turkeys. The campsites are a little close together, but we were there midweek when there were lots of vacant sites. Several campgrounds have full hookups for $30 plus another $3 for Tristan dog. I had a hot shower for 3 quarters. There is a small store at the marina. We also spent 2 nights at Pinnacles National Monument without electricity. They are in the process of bringing more campsites with hookups on line. Weather continues to be an issue in our part of California. More rain expected Tuesday.
Hi Bob:
We camped at Lopez Lake on Apr 9 & 10. The weather was cold & clowdy. As Bob mentioned the camp sites are close together. I don't understand why the Park's website keeps talking about 'railroad tracks'. We didn't see any tracks. ????? Beats me.

As for the Pinnacles. We camped there last summer at an electric site. No complains except we were the only campers. Two other campers left after we arrived. Around 5pm we saw a pick-up with a couple of guys 'cruising' around the campground ........ made the hair on the back of our neck stand up. The campground is too isolated. I know we won't return. It's too bad because the campground is only a couple hours from home.