Los Algodones, dental care - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2014, 03:42 PM   #1

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Los Algodones, dental care

Has anyone here had dental work done in Los Algodones? What was your experience? Have been thinking of going there ... Curious...
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:50 PM   #2

Name: Shirley
Trailer: Casita patriot
Colorado
RV Sue of RV Sue and crew was going to do that this week. You might check her blog.
ShirleyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:21 PM   #3

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Thanks Shirley, but I have been reading her blog for a long time now.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:44 AM   #4

Name: Bob
Trailer: C class
Arizona
I am a 52 yr old teacher in Gilroy, CA. I have been going to the same dentist at "Dental Solutions" (Xochipilli Bojorquez) in Los Algodones. She has also treated my 82 year old father. I have had bridges, a root canal,a partial, a crown, and three implants. Dr. Xochipilli is a warm, caring person with a clean clinic. She will fill out your insurance forms and give you your xrays and records if you want them. Her prices are about 1/8 of USA prices.

She have taken refresher courses in several prestigious institutions including Harvard Medical School in Boston.

Dental Solutions: (928) 328 1121
Dental Implants and General Dentistry - Los Algodones Mexico

Don't forget your passport. I think you need it to get back into the U.s.

Good Luck!
Taurus52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 06:11 PM   #5
JMS

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Burro
Registry
My wife had dental work done there last year as well as eye exam, glasses and contacts and all was fine. New porcelain cap was only $300 and they wanted $1200 up here and she's very happy with it. Her eye exam with 2 new pair of glasses and contacts was only $250 and they weren't cheap frames. Check out Dr. Jessie at Alberta Denistry. I think they're around the 3rd storefront on the right after you come into Algodonas
JMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:09 AM   #6

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
I have friends go there and their daughter and son-in-law fly from Michigan to have work done there. They all are happy with what they get.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 02:32 PM   #7

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
When I lived in PHX my neighbor would go there. Good results and a lot less $$.
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 05:46 PM   #8

Name: Lyle
Trailer: '95 17ft Bigfoot
British Columbia
Been going there a few years now. I have had better outcomes than the dentist at home (Canada) whom I had for twenty years. I think he was getting old and grumpy.
I won't recommend any but do your research like you are doing and you will find three or four names of dentists that keep bubbling to the top. I recall one website I researched was the LOW site. (Loners on Wheels) and found the same few recommended names as the IRV2 site. I think each site had a survey asking the question about who goes to which Algodones dentists.
I went with the second most recommended dentist I found only because number one wasn't available when I needed one.
The equipment is excellent and very modern. More modern than my grumpy old dentist. The only disconcerting thing I find is that while they are working on you they are jabbering away in Spanish to each other. Kinda like chickens clucking away in a barnyard.
Interesting sidenote I know of a couple of the higher rated ones that actually live in Yuma. One is married to a retired US Border Patrol agent.
Not to discourage you but there are some that I wouldn't visit only you can do the research to get to your comfort level.
BTW don't miss the shrimp tacos. Hang a right at the main square by the police station and about half way down the block on the left is the Taco cart
Good Luck
stillwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 10:00 AM   #9

Name: J.D.
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 Layout 6
West Virginia
Dentist in Los Algodones...?

Old thread... But, I am attempting to find a dentist recommendation in Los Algodones. Online shows over 300 dentists!

I would appreciate any & all recommendations.

Thanks,

J.D.
J.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 11:38 AM   #10

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
There is a story today on dentists in "Molar City", which is apparently what Los Algondones is known as.....

RVTravel.com
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 11:59 AM   #11

Name: J.D.
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 Layout 6
West Virginia
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
There is a story today on dentists in "Molar City", which is apparently what Los Algondones is known as.....
RVTravel.com

Yes, "Molar City". Cannot find the "story today"...? Molar.com shows HUNDREDS of dentists.
J.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 12:25 PM   #12

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
https://www.rvtravel.com/quartzsite-...ity-rvt-1035b/

I should have added the link in the first email. My apologies. RVTravel sends out a daily newsletter and this is from today's, Jan 16th. Very timely!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote