Losing sleep - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2018, 11:26 PM   #1

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Losing sleep

We ordered our Lil Snoozy last Aug. Was told it would be about a year.
It is sneaking up to a year....I work nights & now every time the phone rings now I jump up & answer it in case it's Amy calling from Lil Snoozy. Damn those sales men! Hard to get back to sleep, so I check my text & email...umm not yet.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 03:59 AM   #2

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgilliam1955 View Post
It is sneaking up to a year....I work nights & now every time the phone rings now I jump up & answer it in case it's Amy calling from Lil Snoozy. Damn those sales men! Hard to get back to sleep, so I check my text & email...umm not yet.
they might be able to give you an update on the time it will be ready that is not so vague. Just call or email them and ask for it.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 07:22 AM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgilliam1955 View Post
I'm sure the Lil Snoozy is a nice little trailer, but one year to produce one is just too long to wait for one, plus they can't stay on schedule from what you say. Even Scamp is way out there on there time schedule (one year) which would also discourage me and I would think other potential buyers. Casita is on schedule (3-4 months) and even to the day and hour you can take delivery and that is given to you when you sign the contract and they stick to it, in other words you best be there at that time, or you get to re-schedule a new delivery date. Oliver and Escape can give you the week of production completion, that's fair, but one year for others is totally unacceptable.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 07:40 AM   #4

Name: Fredrick
Trailer: Escape 21C
Tennessee
delivery

Yup we got a del date of early April, when we orderd the Casita last fall..we had to delay it a couple weeks for some personal family reasons..they were on time. About 5 months.
Fred762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 07:43 AM   #5

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2014 16 scamp side dinette/Rav4 V6 Tow pkg.
Pennsylvania
I had someone look at my Scamp last week. He got my name from Scamp. He said he got all the brochures and prices sent to him. He said they told him a 8 month wait. Carl
Carl Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 07:48 AM   #6

Name: claire
Trailer: 2013 casita pd
Texas
potential owners of the lil snoozy should be aware,the last time i checked, this is a totally all electric rig. no propane to run your fridge/water heater/furnace when you boondock. no overnighting in rest stops/walmarts along the way. no boondocking for extended periods at quartzsite as many of us do in the winter. running a generator full time to power these appliances is not practical.you are totally dependent on finding a campground that provides electricity. the year long wait is a minor issue, IMHO, compared to the extreme limitations of an all electric trailer. just saying..........
clairemr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 08:14 AM   #7

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
If you paid money up front , I would be concerned
If not then all you’ve lost is your wait time
You knew the trailer was all electric when you ordered it so worrying about it now seems rather foolish .
Hopefully it will all work out and you can soon go camping

* Not being able to camp in a Walmart parking lot would be far down my list of concerns ( Right at the BOTTOM) *
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 10:56 AM   #8

Name: claire
Trailer: 2013 casita pd
Texas
steve, you missed my point. new rv owners may not be aware of the limitations of an all electric trailer. whether they overnight in a walmart, cracker barrel, rest stop or even stop somewhere, boondock in awesome locations like national parks/national forests or even for an extended lunch/nap in the summer, they are severely limited in being dependent on an electrical hookup to power everything. what keeps your fridge cool while you shop or sightsee along the way at a museum if you don't have propane? our wild places rarely offer hookups.
the lil snoozy owner i met at the quartzsite rally had to plumb his own propane to be able to enjoy the activities out there. very few owners want to have to make such a radical change to a brand new trailer just to make it usable.
the original poster isn't "worried" about an all electrical trailer. however, others might benefit from knowing the limitations of something totally dependent on electrical hookups. it is for those on the fence about purchasing this trailer that i made my posting
clairemr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:54 PM   #9

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
Snoozy's being all electric is something to be aware of, but not necessarily scared of. There are many satisfied owners and Lil Snoozy's backlog speaks to their popularity. More and more owners are switching to solar & battery banks.

No Sun? Plan B could be a modest inverter generator, an electric campsite, or a campfire. There are several ways to bring propane indoors.

Plenty cook primarily outside, and Snoozy steers owners to use induction cooktops inside. I am not trying to be argumentative, it's just that many make it work well. Enjoy!
Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 01:04 PM   #10
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by clairemr1 View Post
potential owners of the lil snoozy should be aware,the last time i checked, this is a totally all electric rig. no propane to run your fridge/water heater/furnace when you boondock. no overnighting in rest stops/walmarts along the way. no boondocking for extended periods at quartzsite as many of us do in the winter. running a generator full time to power these appliances is not practical.you are totally dependent on finding a campground that provides electricity. the year long wait is a minor issue, IMHO, compared to the extreme limitations of an all electric trailer. just saying..........

As a Lil Snoozy owner I don't have a problem with it being all electric. It keeps things simple! Besides when we ordered ours we had the option of a truck fridge. We didn't do that but there are options available. For boondocking we have a generator and my husband is working on solar for us. Our other trailer had everything. It had a 3 way Norcold refrigerator and if something went haywire with it, it was going to cost 1500! Our Snoozy refrigerator, well we go to WalMart or Lowes and buy one for 100! The heating/hot water system on our other camper was an Aldi. Very nice, but again if something went wrong there was another 3000-4000 cost. I don't like cooking inside the camper, so I don't miss or need propane in it. I have my outside kitchen which keeps food odors outside, not in the camper. We've had our Snoozy for almost a year and love it! No complaints here!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 06:56 PM   #11

Virginia
Thanks folks!

I am losing sleep from the excitement. Like Christmas! We knew it was electric & a year wait, so we are ok with it. I have a inverted generator in the bed of my pickup. This has all the things the wife wanted. If we find out we need something different, the resale value is very good with these fiberglass TT. 99% we will be plugged in somewhere. But thanks for the information. I really like the escape too.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:43 AM   #12

Virginia
Looks like there is now a 16 month wait. They couldn't get anymore fiberglass shells for 4 months. I haven't heard anything official yet.
On another forum someone said there August delivery had been switched to Nov or Dec.
Old 07-26-2018, 03:45 PM   #13

Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
Lil Snoozy need a financial backer with some money to put into the company so they can actually build trailers to sell in a timely fashion. I would think all there buyers with orders and waiting delivery would be pretty upset with them, I would be. I would think if there is a problem with getting the fiberglass hulls there is a money problem here, you can say it's not about the money, but its always about the money. Fiberglass hulls are built in less than day in the mold and then removed, Casita is delivering 16 Casita's per week, they only have one 17ft. trailer mold, go figure. I would say Lil Snoozy is operation on your money if the truth was known, if they have taken a deposit.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 04:00 PM   #14

Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
I dunno about you, but when I'm camping in the woods somewhere remote, the LAST thing I want to hear is a generator running all day and night, even the quiet little DC inverter generators aren't silent. I wanna hear the birds and wildlife.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote