Lost a friend today - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-22-2007, 03:04 PM   #1

Trailer: 2003 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Send a message via AIM to Robert Brummett Send a message via MSN to Robert Brummett Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Brummett
Some of you know my Rottie, Murphy, from posts gone by. He went with me to pick up "our" Casita at Rice in December of '02, and on many other trips. A truly world-class traveler and all-around sweet gentleman. This morning I had to make the awful decision and he died with his head in my lap, and in my arms, at the vets. He went peacefully. He had a nasal osteosarcoma that had been moving rapidly in the last two days and I know I made the right choice. I will miss that sweet, good soul so much. Give your pups a hug today and tell them how much you love them!

Click image for larger version

Name:	murphhead.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	9025
Robert Brummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 03:14 PM   #2

Trailer: Burro 17 ft Widebody
Registry
Robert:
Sorry for your loss. I've been there, done that, and it is terribly hard.
Per Walthinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 03:31 PM   #3

Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17 ft and 1989 Li'l Bigfoot 13 ft
Robert, I've been there too and know how difficult it is, my thoughts are with you.
Bless Murphy for being such a good companion to you all these years.
Lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 03:34 PM   #4

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
I'm so sorry. I've had to put a number of animals down and it hurts so much every time. Hang it there.
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 03:35 PM   #5

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Trillium Outback
Registry
Sorry to hear of your loss. I too have been there, done that. Cherish the memories and celebrate the good times you had together.

Curt
1998 K2500 Chevy Silverado 6.5 Turbo Diesel, 4X4, ext cab, short bed
Curtis F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 04:48 PM   #6

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel ('ye ole bucket')
Robert..

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Rottie. Its a decission we all hate to make.. but remember he is at Rainbows Bridge.. no longer in pain. I think there is truely a place for our beloved 4 legged friends.

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm
Christine V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 05:06 PM   #7
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Aw, Robert. I very much hate to hear the news. I bet Maggie doesn't even like playing checkers.

Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 05:18 PM   #8

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Hi Robert

We're so sorry to hear about Murphy... Only folks who have pets can really understand the loss of a "family" pet member. We too have had a loss - our cat Toni in 2002.. We still think about her ... we have Jerry now, and he didn't replace her, just became another family member. Time will hopefully ease your pain..and (Jerry just got his big hug).
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:31 PM   #9

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
So sorry to hear about Murphy, Robert. What a hard decision. We lost our 10 1/2 year old chocolate lab a little more than a year ago. I know the loss you speak of. Murphy sounds like he was a great companion and you both were lucky to have found each other. Take care.

Charlene
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:43 PM   #10

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hello, Robert - we are saddened to learn about the passing of your dear & faithful pal. Even though we owe them dignity & comfort at the end as a 'thank you' for love, companionship & protection over the years, this is still a tough call for any animal owner. We had wunnerful 'rotties in our lives for many years, and regret the public perception of the breed as well as current camping restrictions.

Hope you will hold tight to all the memories - I'm giving "Minnie" her hug now (13 lbs of 'attitude' - much better suited to a small trailer!).
Take care of you & Maggie - Leslie 'n Dave
Old 07-22-2007, 07:08 PM   #11

Trailer: 1976 13 ft Boler and 1980 Trillium 5500
Thanks for sharing your loss of Murphy, Robert. We all know how you feel and offer you our prayers in what is always a difficult time. I hope there is another pup in your future. They need us as much as we need them, and a loving and faithful master is the greatest gift a dog can receive. You were obviously that to Murphy, and his life was blessed because of it. God bless you, and Godspeed Murphy. Alec
Al Stansell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:06 PM   #12

Trailer: 2004 Scamp 13 ft
I’m so sorry to hear of your loss of your Murphy. What a wonderful picture of him. I had to make that decision twice in one year as I had two golden retriever’s that were both 14 with health problems. I was grateful they both had long (for large dogs) lives, but it was the hardest thing I’ve ever done. I have to believe we will be reunited with our companions. You have my sincere sympathy.
Cheryl C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:06 PM   #13

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I have hugged both of mine just now. They are in here in the Burro with me at this very moment, at the Oregon gathering.

At "The bridge" I will be greeted by a herd of both dogs and cats. I know they will lick my face, purr in my ear and all will say "Thank You Mamma, for helping me come here and leading a painless life with all my sisters and brothers"

Take care... I am so sorry for your loss.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:42 AM   #14

Trailer: 2008 17 ft Escape B
Oh you guys are making me sniffle with all the comments...We too have lost a few of our dear friends..

Yup, Murphy will be up there playing with all the other brave souls who have gone ahead....
Doug & Anna-Marie P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 06:29 AM   #15

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Robert - You did the right thing. For all the joy they give us, we owe our dogs a good life, and a gentle end. Nothing makes a dog happier than to be in its human's arms. Your dog was happy when the lights went out.
jack maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:07 AM   #16

Trailer: 2003 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Send a message via AIM to Robert Brummett Send a message via MSN to Robert Brummett Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Brummett
I want to thank everyone who responded with kind and loving comments about Murphy. You cannot know how much they have helped me. I hope we can meet on the road sometime— just look for a Boston Terrier with a sun-visor!
Robert Brummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:36 AM   #17
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Robert, I am so sorry. I can only imagine how hard it must be.
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:00 AM   #18

Trailer: Former Casita 17 ft owner
Robert,

You have my sympathy.

I've never had to do what you did; the one time it was necessary, Lee went to the vet.

Dogs are great companions and friends. I wish my acre were fenced so I could have one now. Of course, if I lived where you do, I wouldn't have to worry about fences.
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:28 AM   #19

Trailer: Bigfoot 20 ft 5th Wheel
Robert, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. It's a terrible feeling I know, I still get misty when I think back on "Star" our golden retriever. The memories remain though to bring a smile in time.
scott fraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:19 PM   #20

Trailer: LittleGuy Classic Teardrop ('Baby Osmo') (Previously 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe)
Robert -- I remember from the past how dear your dogs are to you, and I know how difficult that decision can be -- I went through that same thing just a couple months ago. Will pray for you at this time.
Mr. W. is offline   Reply With Quote