Lost my Mom. - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-17-2013, 08:05 AM   #1
Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Lost my Mom.

I know know the extreme feeling of loss,emptiness,grief. That a orphan feels. Even though I am in my fifty's the 5 year old that lives in side me/all of us is at times over come with grief.
She was a wonder full woman that had a great life. She made it to 87 and passed with all of her family kids, grand, and great grand kids at her at her bed side. She will be missed!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent!

kirkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #2
Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Jason, I'm so sorry for your loss. I've been there too, and I know that the loss of our parents leaves a big hole in our lives.

UHaul and Burro owners, join the UHaul Campers on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/529276933859491/
Thomas G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:29 AM   #3
Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
I lost my dad just over a year ago. Its hard, and there's a hole in your world as a result.
So very sorry for you loss, Jason, to you and your family. She sounds like she has left a 'motherload' of love and wonderful memories.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:44 AM   #4
Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
So sorry for your loss, this is one of the reasons why I took my mom in to care for her, so I can spend as much time with her in her declining years, making memories.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #5
Name: Cindy
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Jason - I to feel your pain. My mom passes away almost three years ago. I miss her terribly but we talked until her last day. My memories of her will last a lifetime. So sorry for you loss.
Cyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #6
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
I'm sorry for your loss Jason. Your mother will forever be in your heart.
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #7
Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 2012 Chevy Silverado
I lost my mom in 1985 and my dad in 1966 and I still miss them even though I'm rapidly approaching the ripe old age of 77. My greatest regrets in life are that my dad and my sons never had a chance to know each other, though my dad knew about them, and, though my mom and my boys knew each other, she never had a chance to know her great grandkids. Thinking about all that still makes me tear up, even as I write this.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:51 AM   #8
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Jason, so sorry to hear of your loss. She will still be with you through through out your life in many many ways. Hugs to you!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:19 PM   #9
Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Jason, Im sorry for your loss! You and your family are in my prayers. Im sure she knew how much you loved her. Ive been spending more time with my parents because they are getting up there in age and who knows how long any of us have.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #10
Name: Imogene
Trailer: 2013 Casita
So sorry for your loss. It's a strange feeling when you realize you are now an orphan. Lost my dad about 8 years ago and my mom 2.5 years ago. Think about them almost every day....they were great parents.
Imo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #11
Name: Heidi
Trailer: Scamp 16'
My condolences to you. My mother passed two years ago today, and I often think about something she expressed many times about her own mother who passed 38 years ago..."something will happen and my first thought is I want to call mother and share it with her, then I realize I can't." That keeps happening to me, too, and I wonder if it will continue throughout the rest of my life. (I'm in my 50's, too). A blessing is that your mother's memory will continue through all those who loved her.
Heidi in Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #12
Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Yeah, I know what you mean. Moms are always there for us, and we tend to feel like they always will be. My mom was 91... she drove herself to the city for shopping, and on the way home turned left in front of an oncoming truck. At least she got her wish of not wanting to become a burden on anyone in her old age.

I remind myself that I'll see her again, eventually, and that she's in a happier place.
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven... --Ecclesiastes 3
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #13
Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Thank you all so much!!
kirkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:52 PM   #14
Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
Jason, there is no one that loves you like a mom. That is why the void is so great, when when we lose them. I miss mine terrible. I am just glad we are blessed with incredible memories to keep them with us.

So sorry for your lose and I am praying it won't be long, before the memories bring smiles as you look back on your life with her. terry r.

Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote