Lost my scamp 19 to fire. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-04-2015, 01:26 AM   #21

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
I have been informed that their insurance would not of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath G. View Post
Well unfortunately, it was parked at the cabin all year so didn't think I needed insurance because it would have been covered under home owner if this were to happen. Never thought the homeowners woukd not have had ins.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
: covered your trailer it would of had to of been insured by you not your friends insurance.
I really feel bad when I see things like this happen as it costs a lot to replace this type of item, plus what you had will hard to find again if that is what your going after.
My wife was a insurance under writer all of her working life and I know our MH is insured way past replacement if something like this were to happen and it is now 17 years old but we like it the way it is as this model is real hard to find.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 01:31 AM   #22

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Jack is right on that one and also there are no fire hydrants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack L View Post
Sadly insurance on rural properties that are a long way away from emergency services can be very expensive because the remoteness adds to the risk. I have met people in rural Idaho and Alaska with properties that have no fire insurance. The premium would be about half the market value of the structure or more per year, because it would take well over an hour for the fire department to arrive. In both cases the property owners asked us to be very careful around the property. I Like being in remote places but the risk of fire, injury and bears is always on m mind. I'm sorry for your loss. In reality it could happen to any of us.
: in the back country to fight a fire unless your sitting on a lake, even where we had our cabin there wasn't even a fire dept and our property sat on lake front but we were so far back it would of taken at least 45minutes to haul the pump out and then roll all the hose out and it is just 1 1/2" hose one hose and one fire pump not going to do much damage.
But will keep the trees around it from burning but that is about all.
My wife managed to find us insurance even with us heating with wood in the old log part and electric heat in the new addition and we also cooked on wood. Lucky us it was a replacement Insurance policy but with both of us working we were able to afford the luxury of Ins.
Stude.
stude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp