Made it to Louisiana, Whew - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-09-2006, 11:38 AM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft
Happy New Year to all you on this forum.
We bought the 17' Bigfoot CB in Oregon and towed it to South Louisiana over Christmas.
Took about 7 days staying at some nice spots along the way, especially in New Mexico. Towed with my 2005 Toyota Tundra without any problems except the fuel mileage was about 9mpg...and this with a 3500 lb trailer. This setup proved to be a pleasure to tow. However one cannot use the overdrive when towing, thus bringing the rpms up...burning fuel. A friend of mine tows a 30' toyhauler and needs a Ford 350 diesal dually but he gets 12mpg. If only Toyota sold diesals here.

We are down here living in the Bigfoot, plugged into my inlaws house while we cleanup the debris and whats left of our belongings from Hurricane Katrina. I am filming a documentary on our return and the devastion in our old neighborhood has been indescribable. Glad we got the Bigfoot. Its easy to maneuver and fits in their driveway. The bayou here is a beautiful spot to camp out. Come visit if anyones heading down here. (Galliano, Lousiana off hwy 1) Down here at least until after Mardi Gras then back to Vancouver.

Again thanks for all the advice and welcome.
Beth, Jeff, Lexie and Remi
remthor@earthlink.net
Attached Thumbnails
JH.JPG  
jefh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:50 PM   #2

Trailer: 1300 Trillium
Wow what a mess! I hope your clean up efforts go smoothly. I am happy the bigfoot is working out well for you. I bet it's nicer than those fema trailers no seems to be able to get.
Maggie O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 03:11 PM   #3

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
jefh,
Happy New Year to you and your family, also. Congratulations on your BF. We tow our 4000# Casita (many heavy mods), with a 2000 4WD V8 Tundra. Speed makes an enormous difference in mileage, @ 65MPH, our mileage was similar to yours. 12MPG is achievable @ 55MPH. We do use OD, whenever the terrain permits.
We're sorry to see that you were affected by Katrina. We pray that the clean-up isn't too heartbreaking and that when all is said and done, the trip proves to have been worth it.
Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 01:11 AM   #4

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Did you see where they live in between Kurt?

Glad your trip went OK. And sorry I missed you in passing a couple weeks ago! We will have to get you out on the mountain during your return trip!

And you will have pretty cushy digs until you get it all rebuilt!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:17 AM   #5

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
jefh & family,
Gina is referring to the fact that you are practically neighbors when you are in So. Calif. When you are going to be in Big Bear, let us know. We'd enjoy meeting you!
We continue to pray for success in your clean-up efforts!
Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote