Maggie Rack - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-11-2009, 09:32 AM   #1
Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
With the moderator's permission I've split this topic off from my earlier post titled, Another Bigfoot. I hope it's OK. A few other members were also interested in getting some response to it.

From Another Bigfoot ...

I mentioned earlier that our new to us 21RB has a Maggie Rack, manufactured by the same company that makes the Phat ladder, and that it is designed to accommodate Thule and Yakima accessories. That got me to wondering if anyone uses the top of their trailer to store stuff. Has anyone used one of those enclosed carriers for roof storage?

Steve, I'm curious to see the replies on this as I have never observed anyone using the top rack on a BF to store anything. The rear ladder option however seems to be a popular spot on many RV's to hang another...... ladder.

Same here Mike. The Maggie Rack was an option from Bigfoot that was published in their 2005 brochure and probably other years as well. There are a number of them out there installed by the factory. I would be curious too to find out how they are being used.

Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 04:34 PM   #2
Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Thought I would resurrect this topic with sightings of a few non-trailer RVs that looked like they had roof mounted Maggie Racks. One was a Chinook MH with a Yakima pod and the other, an unrecognized Class C MH with a small kayak. That got me to thinking that this type of rack may be more appropriate for a MH with their limited storage. In other words, they don't have a tow vehicle to use for such things.
Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote