Mattress toppers - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-22-2016, 03:57 PM   #1

Name: Julie
Trailer: Scamp 13'
Indiana
Mattress toppers

I can't find the suggestion someone gave for a bed topper that made it feel like a "real" mattress! We plan to keep the bed as a bed and not set up the table so a thicker pad would be possible. Any suggestions?
Julie N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 04:38 PM   #2

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
This is what I got and I find it very comfortable with a conventional mattress pad and sheet over it. It's now on sale for a great price.

Amazon.com: LINENSPA 2 Inch Egg Crate Gel Infused Foam Mattress Topper - Twin Size: Kitchen & Dining
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 07:49 PM   #3

Indiana
Does this stay cool during hot weather?

Thanks for the info and just checked it out on Amazon. One additional question: have you used it in hot weather and does it get hot if using it during the summer?
Old 05-22-2016, 09:01 PM   #4

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie N View Post
I can't find the suggestion someone gave for a bed topper that made it feel like a "real" mattress! We plan to keep the bed as a bed and not set up the table so a thicker pad would be possible. Any suggestions?
Julie, We purchased a BedInABox 3" CoolRest Gel mattress topper (see link below) for our home bed (Alabama) and love it. We wouldn't hesitate to get one for our camper if we needed one, but our camper mattress already has a similar cool top layer (Parklane RV mattress, no longer made).

https://www.bedinabox.com/memory-foam-toppers.html

Hope that helps....

Dale
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 09:37 PM   #5

Indiana
Mattress topper

Thanks, Dale for the suggestion and info for ordering. We'll check it out!
Old 05-23-2016, 06:03 AM   #6

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie N View Post
Thanks for the info and just checked it out on Amazon. One additional question: have you used it in hot weather and does it get hot if using it during the summer?
Have not used it in summer yet, so no first hand knowledge in that regard. The gel beads impregnated into the foam is supposed to make it cooler, but reviews seem to be mixed.

I can attest that it is comfortable when the trailer is heated to 65 to 70 degrees.
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 06:16 AM   #7

Name: Jack
Trailer: Scamp
Iowa
Tried various toppers and configurations. Bed made by southern mattress was by far the best for our scamp. You get what you pay for.
jjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:02 AM   #8

Name: Earl J.
Trailer: Shopping
Connecticut
Bed Topper

Hi Y'all,

In two new trailers, my wife and I simply covered the thin mattress provided with a piece of "egg crate" foam and a new padded mattress cover (all from Walmart.) the difference is wonderful!
Earl J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 10:16 AM   #9

Name: Tap
Trailer: 2015 17' Casita Independence, 2010 Escape 19’
Florida
Got this Serta in 4". Love, love, love it.

Serta Ultimate 4-inch Visco Memory Foam Mattress Topper - 10031883 - Overstock.com Shopping - The Best Prices on Serta Memory Foam Mattress Toppers
TappyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 12:17 PM   #10

Name: Phil
Trailer: Casita
Alabama
A friend referred me to the mattress review site SleepLikeTheDead. Based on that, we bought a natural latex foam topper. 3 inch, I think. Very happy with it.
TechiePhil is offline   Reply With Quote