Those non-professional trees are more fun to decorate. Your big ornaments fit wonderfully into those 'holes' in the foliage.
Professionally grown, and even worse (like we have) artificial trees are difficult to decorate because the branches are too regular.
A hint for everyone who has a 'real' tree.
My parents always made a fire resistant spray* with water and Borax/boric acid. Then, of course, keeping the tree watered my step-mother would break off a little twig at the rear of the tree periodically and try to light
it. When it would light
, it was time to take the tree down.
My Dad reminisced that when he was a boy they used candles on trees. They would light
the candles, look at the tree, say, "Aaaahh!" and then immediately blow all the candles out.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to one and all.
PS: For you poor souls in Southwestern Minnesota:
* - Flame retardant
Mix together 9 oz 20 Mule Team Borax and 4 oz boric acid in one gallon water. Spray the solution on the tree wetting it thoroughly. Allow to dry and then set up.
From: Wacky Uses: 20 Mule Team® Borax