michigan guy in wisconsin - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-01-2012, 06:02 AM   #1

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
michigan guy in wisconsin

you may or may not have noticed i have not been on the last few days. we are in plymouth wisconsin for the week. my father-in-law feel and hurt himself and is in rehab for another three weeks, so we came out to support and help out how ever we can. it reminds me that as we age we don't bounce back like we used to. he is 87, and while one tough old bird, this was really a wake up call for him. i think he is going to be fine in the end, but let this remind some of us older fellows that still think we are kids,,, we don't heal like kids.

and speaking of healing,,, we have seen 15 foot waves over here on the lake michigan shore,,, which reminds me to say a prayer for those on the east coast. that has been a bad storm. i hope all our friends out there are safe , dry, and warm.

will be back in michigan next week, i'll bring cheese.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:06 AM   #2
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Thanks for checking in, John.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #3

Trailer: 2010 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
Registry
I'm a Wisconsin gal living in Michigan. We had some huge waves on Lake Michigan on Tuesday compliments of Sandy over here on the MI side.

Regarding Wisconsin cheese - my husband thought Cracker Barrel was good cheddar until I brought some from Wisconsin. NOW he knows better. Safe travels on your return.
Marsha D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #4

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsha D View Post
I'm a Wisconsin gal living in Michigan. We had some huge waves on Lake Michigan on Tuesday compliments of Sandy over here on the MI side.

Regarding Wisconsin cheese - my husband thought Cracker Barrel was good cheddar until I brought some from Wisconsin. NOW he knows better. Safe travels on your return.
yes youn haven't had cheese,,,till you have had cheese so fresh it squeeks when you chew it.
but dispair not,,, pinconing cheese is close at hand in michigan
Old 11-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #5

Trailer: 2010 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Haven't tried Pinconning cheese yet. I'll have to get over to that side of the state and try out their super sharp.
Marsha D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #6

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
John glad to hear your alive and well and simple out and about enjoying the cheese! ;-)
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #7

Michigan
well we are back home,,,and god i missed my michigan, i love this state.

father-in-law is well on his way to mending, another week or two and he can go home. he is dressing himself and showering now, and his therapy is really helping him feel better.. though i suspect he is missing the sponge baths,,lol he is absolutly wallowing in the attention the nurses are paying him. he is a sweet guy and they seem to have taken a real shine to him,,,lol. we may have to force him to move back home.
in a weeks time he went from feeling he could never drive again,,,to talking about driving to michigan to go camping with me, and if he gets tired he can just stop somewheree for the night. i don;t think he actually will, but i am going to schedule a camping trip for next spring with him.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #8

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsha D View Post
Haven't tried Pinconning cheese yet. I'll have to get over to that side of the state and try out their super sharp.
well,, a cruise threw frankfort for some chicken dinner,,, hit pinconing for some cheese, sounds like a reason for a weekend out in the camper traveling.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #9

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by john warren View Post
i don;t think he actually will, but i am going to schedule a camping trip for next spring with him.
Glad to hear all is turning out well John. I might want to think about flying him to you.... trust me in the years to come you will not be sorry you did! The memories of the camping trip you will have to keep with you forever will be worth far more than the plane ticket.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #10

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
I remember when Pinconning cheese was made in Pinconning. I don't think they do that any more.

I always liked mild, even extra mild.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:54 AM   #11

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
According to a friend of mine who is a Pinconning native, Pinconning cheese is made in Linwood. That's not too far from Pinconning.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote