Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Try a squeegee. Or maybe not.

Old 05-17-2014, 06:25 PM   #16

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
I have microfiber hand towels from work...great for around the kitchen....but prefer my terry cloth bath sheet to use to dry off with after showering....feels good on the body.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:00 PM   #17

Name: Dick
Trailer: Escape
Virginia
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Dick & Joanne
I like them because they dry quickly no matter what the humidity is.

Dick
Old 05-18-2014, 09:41 PM   #18

Name: Susie
Trailer: 2012 Lil Snoozy #151
North Carolina
Registry
towels

I can't get into the microfiber towels either, but JC Penny and several other department stores have started carrying what they call "quick dry" towels. They come in at least a dozen colors and are 100% cotton. And yes, they do dry more quickly than the towels we were using before, though probably not as fast as microfiber.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:12 AM   #19

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Connecticut
Send a message via Skype™ to Night Sailor
I prefer cotton towels but agree with everyone else on the feel. Still I would not be without one. I remember a 16 day sail from California to Hawaii where I used something similar and was very glad to have it. I also ditched using socks on this trip also. On shorter trips I bring one cotton towel and use this after the other one to get myself drier. I try to keep it from getting wet

One young guy on the trip was constantly drying his socks and towel and having bad luck. At the end of the trip he asked me if I wore socks and I said no.

Now I have a type of synthetic Sealskin socks that can be worn for a week with almost no odor. Like the towels they don't feel the same but I can't argue with the extra warmth and comfort.

It is an interesting topic. No one wants to smell a stinky wet towel. I have a locker close to the door where I keep a laundry basket. There is a outside door too and I open that on warm days to dry things out. If I had the space for it if have a washer and dryer in my camper.

Someday I'll have a boat big enough for a combo unit.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:06 AM   #20

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
I think one of the secrets to using a microfiber towel is to pat yourself dry. Don't drag it across your skin like a cotton towel. It does feel like using a chamois otherwise. The only time I pack cotton towels is if I KNOW it's going to be warm enough outside to dry them thoroughly. Damp, icky, funky towels are NOT fun! And camping should be fun!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:19 PM   #21

Name: Dick
Trailer: Escape
Virginia
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Dick & Joanne
I just "roll" it around. Dragging doesn't feel good.

Dick
Old 05-20-2014, 03:52 PM   #22

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
For those who prefer the feel of cotton but also want fast drying, I believe the key is to choose thin cotton towels and washcloths. The thinner the fabric, the faster it dries. For travel I pack thin cotton washcloths that I bought at Target.... some like these: 8 Pack Cotton Washcloths - White : Target . Really el-cheapo basics. But they do the job and then dry very quickly.
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 12:53 AM   #23

Name: Darrell
Trailer: Scamp 16ft
Alabama
I've been using them for years. I've found that there is ones sold for use drying autos cost less and feel kinda like cotton towels. I changed over..... carrying a wet towel got funky quickly.... I still have and use a few cotton ones just not that often.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:38 PM   #24

Name: Adrian
Trailer: Lance 1985~'Casita de Campo' ~23' 4"~Dinette Slide Previously: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette, Front Bath
New Mexico
After getting a Tip on another Forum about buying good quality of Microfiber Towels & Sets at JC Penney on Sale, we ordered a set plus a couple extra last week after seeing them on sale. After a test run with them today, we ordered a second set plus a couple extra in a different color.

Good size bath towels, hand towels & wash cloths. Feels good to the touch, better than some; wash cloth works very well, holds a lot of water & soap, wrings out extremely well.

Many Thanks to the one passing on such a great tip for the JC Penney's tip!

PS: I do like cotton towels best, but for camping & needing a towel to dry quickly these are just right. They feel much better than other microfiber towels I have used to dust the autos, etc.

Yep! It made me a Happy Camper.
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:17 AM   #25

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
Is "Quality Microfiber Towels & Sets" the specific name of the towel? The online JCP only appears to have one brand, and it comes in a set of 6...2 washcloths, 2 hand towels and 2 bath towels. The washcloth and hand towels can be bought individually, but not the bath towel.

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:53 AM   #26

Name: Adrian
Trailer: Lance 1985~'Casita de Campo' ~23' 4"~Dinette Slide Previously: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette, Front Bath
New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallo View Post
Is "Quality Microfiber Towels & Sets" the specific name of the towel? The online JCP only appears to have one brand, and it comes in a set of 6...2 washcloths, 2 hand towels and 2 bath towels. The washcloth and hand towels can be bought individually, but not the bath towel.
No, I just added quality, meaning I wanted to get good quality ones. That one you mentioned is what we ordered.

2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote