Microsoft Security Essentials Virus Protection for Windows - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-25-2012, 10:30 AM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Front Bedroom
Microsoft Security Essentials Virus Protection for Windows

My son n law is the IT director of a company that processes around 100 million dollars in internet credit card transactions each year. He suggested that I go to Microsoft Security Essentials virus protection. He has it it in all of his personal computers. I installed it about two months ago and I am pleased enough to recommend it on this forum.

IT IS FROM MICROSOFT AND IT IS FREE

Google the term "Microsoft Security Essentials" and check it out for yourself. No more subscription fees to Norton, Macifee or Computer Associates. If you decide you want it, it is a free download, no subscription fee and it updates daily.
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:21 AM   #2

Name: grant
Trailer: 13' burro, 13' casita, 20' nomad f/w
Texas
I use Security Essentials, and have for 3to 4 years. Never a problem, use on all 4 of my family comp. Always check and run scan at will.
gcssr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:29 AM   #3

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
All of the big AV companies offer a free AV package and I imagine all of them are about the same.
The companies are grouped together to form a defense against Virus propogation and they all share info towards that common goal.
They have for several years.

The packages you might buy are just more sophisticated allegedly at detecting the patterns of Virus behavior so that they might prevent a Virus for you that has not been defined yet and a solution found for.

As long as you let them update I would suggest any of the free big name programs.

I use AVG,AVAST,Microsoft etc. interchangeably and have had few Virus incidents on the machines that I support.

Funny thing is that most Virus I encounter seem to come from online card playing sites?
Also funny is that once infected and cleaned most people seem to keep going back to them anyway?

Go Figure.

Ed
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
windows