Mid Sept. get-away - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-13-2007, 04:38 AM   #1

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Well the wife managed to get 10 days off in a row so we are thinking of a trip to the Mountians of Maine and New Hampshire.
I am a bit worried about not makeing any Reservations just winging it but I am sure it will work out just fine as most campgrounds are accomidateing even if they are full.
Has anyone done this sort of thing in the Rangely Lake area of Maine and had trouble finding spots to stay?
Gerry the canoebuilder
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:22 PM   #2

Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft (was 2003 16 ft Scamp)
Registry
We used to go to Maine almost every year in Sept. That was before my camper. We usually stayed in motels or relative's house so not quite the same but my experience is that everybody leaves right after labor day. That's why we went there. Not sure wher Rangely Lake is but I'll be it's not problem then.
Chris Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:42 AM   #3

Yea use to hike up in the mountains of Maine back in the early 90's and even the first week or Sept have run into wet snow showers.
Got an E-Mail back from one campground operator and they said they start to close down around the 17th but do not lock up until Oct 1.
Makes me think if we are going to travel from campground to campground looking for places to stay, maybe I better contact some other we may stop at.
I was so wishing this would be just a spur of the moment thing with no planning.
Gerry the canoebuilder
Old 08-14-2007, 06:25 AM   #4

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Gerry,

Have you seen these websites?

http://www.rangeleymaine.com/camping.shtml

http://www.maine.gov/doc/parks/reservation...rangeley_9.html

http://www.trails.com/stateactivity.asp?area=11686

http://www.campmaine.com/member/2401/range...ake_state_park/
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:24 AM   #5

Thanks Mike, I've looked the sites over and the information I got was incomplete but at least now I have the Tell# to call.
I now have the first 3 days set, knowing I will not need reservations for the first let of trip.
Last night I found the Camp Maine booklet I got at the campers show last spring and it has loads of information in there also.
I realy wanted to keep it simple and just go but I also know that some state parks will not let you in without reservations, full or not, so I will find out if Rangley Lake State Park is one of them.
Gerry the canoebuilder
Old 08-21-2007, 05:05 AM   #6

Again, Thanks Mike, Been on the phone to several campgrounds and agencies in the area and they all say there should be no problem getting sites.
Lady-Bug goes into the shop tomorrow to have furnace worked on. I replaced regulator, thermo-couplin, pilot tube, flushed lines and it worked fine last May but not now so I will leave it to the pros.
Tentatively leaving on the 19th of Sept and traveling around the lakes region of Maine and New Hampshire till the 26th. (hopefully)
Anyone interested in joining us???
3 nights at South Arm,,,in Maine
2 nights at Rangeley Lake State park,,,, ME
3 nights at Lake Umbagog State park in NH.
Maybe more or maybe less.
Gerry the canoebuilder