Miffed - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2006, 08:34 PM   #21

Trailer: Trail Michigante 1972

Click image for larger version

Name:	delivery_001.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	344.9 KB
ID:	1585
BOY I AM GLAD I DONT HAVE TO DRIVE THIS DOWN THE HIGH WAY MY OTHER RV IS A TRAIL MITE
Lee Washburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 10:43 AM   #22

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
So, Benita, although you will never say anything to her, if you did you could point out that she just has a Class C, not a real Class A motorhome...
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:57 AM   #23

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
[quote]
Attachment 1585

Hey Gang, in case you missed it... Lee really does "drive" this yacht (on the water). What a beauty, Lee!

Benita, you're going to have to let this one go. I find that a simple ritual sometimes helps. Let's see... you could use the picture of her "real RV" as a dart board target. Not into darts? Maybe just slowly ripping the photo and her email to shreds would help.

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:13 AM   #24

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Let it go. It's not worth the price. (The emotional price)

Think happy thoughts. Go camping. Watch the birds, the water roll over the rocks, the clouds dirft by.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:21 AM   #25

Trailer: 2003 Casita Spirit Deluxe 16 ft (Eggs-Car-Go with Mack the tug)
We need to put this in a world wide perspective. In how many countries is there a real RV demand? Our trailers would be looked viewed as a great Home. Here in the "good old USA we have lost the ability to desire the things we need not the things we want. They just love Marje and I at the Trustee and School Board meetings. I think most of the people who are content with and get real joy and use from their small trailers are very much in tune with reality and what will be sustainable in the long run.
Edward Shook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:36 AM   #26

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
I'm better now that I'm not trying to be nice to her. Not that I'm a mean person, it was just taxing to feign interest in her interests. We were in contact almost daily. Like I said, like chewing card board for an extended period. She's probably happier too. I had a potential sweetheart tell me once that I was hard to talk to because I am always going on about stuff that you have to think about. That gives other people headaches.
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:40 AM   #27

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
Oh well. We're actively living/promoting elitism here as well, after all. Most of us think we're smarter than the others because we travel in lightweight molded fiberglass. Not just a trailer, not a stick built, not even a fiberglass sided trailer.

And of course, we can parse that out a little finer if we'd like. Some boon dockers can't understand those that travel from plug to plug. Some people feel superior because of a computer brand. The solar panel types hoot and stomp when the generators are brought out. Not to mention the McCulloch/Honda family feud. I personally hold forlornly onto the proposition that living up north with the wide seasonal weather swings makes me healthy while in truth I'd probably kill a kitten to be living somewhere warm year round.
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:47 AM   #28

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
I had a potential sweetheart tell me once that I was hard to talk to because I am always going on about stuff that you have [b]to think about. That gives other people headaches.
Have you ever thought about joining The Club?
I'm a life member...
Old 03-08-2006, 11:28 AM   #29

Quote:
Have you ever thought about joining The Club?
I'm a life member...
Yeah. Somebody told me about the group and gave me a test when I was in my 20s. I couldn't see any point in pursuing it. (I had enough stimulation in my life back then.) These days, if there are singles in my age bracket with an income who are interested the short, plump and sassy in the group, I'm a candidate who is willing to shave my head and run naked through the stadium for the cause.

(Sure, I know its more like ruminating in the chat room than running through the stadium. I'm just a hyberbole freak.)
Old 03-08-2006, 02:25 PM   #30

Trailer: 1300 Trillium
I was shocked to read there are rv parks that won't allow rvs older than a certain year. Granted, I am not likely to want to go to one of these parks, but I mean...really!?!?
Maggie O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:31 PM   #31

And Maggie,

There are RV parks that won't allow RVs that don't pass a size bar in. For example, the RV must be 20 ft or more to enter. Some won't allow RVs in that are not completely self-contained. Others won't allow in trailers that have non-plumbed gray water catchers or non-plumbed toilets. Some won't let in hybrids that have soft sides because they are soft-sided/canvas restricted. The exclusionary ones aren't that common. But they are out there.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:11 AM   #32

She took her first RV trip.

This is all she wrote:
Quote:
Back from our disastrous RV weekend.
Our RV broke down at 2am on a highway on the way up, and broke down again about a hour away from home on the way back.
Bye Bye RV! I hate that thing now. It cost me so much money this weekend and we are both so let down about it.
Anyone want to buy an RV cheap?
Old 03-14-2006, 06:49 AM   #33
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
She took her first RV trip.

This is all she wrote:

Back from our disastrous RV weekend.
Our RV broke down at 2am on a highway on the way up, and broke down again about a hour away from home on the way back.
Bye Bye RV! I hate that thing now. It cost me so much money this weekend and we are both so let down about it.
Anyone want to buy an RV cheap?
Oh, Benita. NOW is when it's really going to be hard to let it go. We all KNEW this was going to happen ... yet, now that it has ... well, I really AM sorry ... but at least the issue is now resolved. Really, I don't like that happening to anyone.

Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:08 AM   #34

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Benita, have a laugh at her expense, and then say something consoling to her. There are folks in this world who never "get it" whatever "it" may be. They have to do things their own way and make their own mistakes. It's costly, hard, and unnecessary but they won't do it any other way. I know several folks like that. I don't voice my opinion to them any more unless they ask. Each time, after their latest catastrophe, whatever it may be, I gently remind them that they had been offered better options by their friends, and perhaps listening to their friends next time might save them some pain. I don't do the blatant "I told you so", but I try to help them learn to examine their options more carefully. Old habits though, are hard to break. You have to bless 'em and let 'em go.

Thanks for sharing that with us!

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:50 AM   #35

Trailer: 1993 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe (a true 'Dream House'!)
I'm glad they made it home OK, that's the important thing...

BUT
... this would be a good time for a long, deep belly laugh with a few thigh slaps thrown in.

Maybe you can chuckle on down the road now.
Lorene W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:30 AM   #36

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Kind of reminds of a friend that bought a used, older motorhome. After about 6 months he said thought he was going to buy a new motorhome one piece at a time. That was a few years ago. I imagine he's put enough into get a one. After all that he's still got an old, used motorhome.

The best thing to say to her now about her purchase is .
Old 03-14-2006, 12:21 PM   #37

I agree.
Old 03-18-2006, 07:41 PM   #38

Trailer: Surfside TM14 1974
Registry
Quote:
A woman who has been on several of the same message boards as I over the last few years confessed a while back that she wanted an RV. I responded back with a picture of the Fiber Stream and chatter about the joys of the open road. She responded back that she was talking about RVs and why did I send her a picture of a trailer? Now, I know its petty of me to be miffed with her, its has been a while now, but I am. I responded back that RVs fall into classes and travel trailers are considered RVS. She came back with, "But, I was talking about a real RV."

Ok, its been proven to me over time conversation with her is like chewing card board when you are used to 5 star cuisine. Her problems are obvious. But the fact that I'm still icked with her after about 2 years is starting to bother me. She can't help being as she is. I should be more mature than this. I want to let the air out of the tires of her "real RV".

There. I hope I got that off my chest. I'll just let the dog pee on the tires of her real RV. I won't touch them. (At least I'm going to keep thinking that.) Its not like she said I had an ugly baby. But, you know, it kinda is.
A 20/20 Hindsight reply:

If you ever find yourself in this situation, here's a suggested response:
"Oh, didn't you know? The little ones are like Sea Monkeys. You just add water, wait overnight and....."
Miriam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:18 AM   #39

She is getting a travel trailer. Miraculously, my comments about maintaining vintage motors and their depreciation were cited. My only comment, "That's nice."
Old 12-24-2006, 08:16 AM   #40

Trailer: 17 ft Escape
Quote:
I recently switched from a Gateway computer at home to an Apple Macintosh (which is a completely different machine).

After that switch, I feel I can easily draw a comparison between Macs and FGRVs.

Both are not well known in their market. About 5% of the computer market share uses Mac computers. FGRVs are few and far between compared to stickies.

Both are superior products in their market. Macs are more stable, secure, and pleasing to the eye than the average PC. FGRVs are lightweight, built for longevity, and have the best use of space for any RV.

I could go on and on, but my point is this. Knowing what I know about these two little known, yet superior products I try to do everything I can to educate people who aren't "in the know" about these products. Many times with no success.

If people haven't heard about it, seen it on TV, or if there isn't one on every street corner, then they think it can't be a good product. That is of course their problem.
IBM = I'll buy Macintosh
Jen'nBarb is offline   Reply With Quote