Miffed - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-24-2006, 09:51 AM   #41

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

As is usually the case, I came up with a response to this situation long after the discussion dissappeared.

I offer it now:

Quote:
A woman who has been on several of the same message boards as I over the last few years confessed a while back that she wanted an RV. I responded back with a picture of the Fiber Stream and chatter about the joys of the open road. She responded back that she was talking about RVs and why did I send her a picture of a trailer? Now, I know its petty of me to be miffed with her, its has been a while now, but I am. I responded back that RVs fall into classes and travel trailers are considered RVS. [b]She came back with, "But, I was talking about a real RV."
THE Velveteen Rabbit
OR
HOW TOYS BECOME REAL
by Margery Williams

Quote:
"What is REAL?" asked the Rabbit one day, when they were lying side by side near the nursery fender, before Nana came to tidy the room. "Does it mean having things that buzz inside you and a stick-out handle?"

"Real isn't how you are made," said the Skin Horse. "It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real."

"Does it hurt?" asked the Rabbit.

"Sometimes," said the Skin Horse, for he was always truthful. "When you are Real you don't mind being hurt."

"Does it happen all at once, like being wound up," he asked, "or bit by bit?"

"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."
Seems to me she got what she wanted...
Be careful what you wish for...