Mile 0 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-28-2007, 03:29 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 2003 Casita Spirit Deluxe 16 ft (Eggs-Car-Go with ivy the tug)
Ohio
Posts: 111
Hello all, just wanted to say hello to Ches and Marie. nice trailer and the location brings back memories of our trip up the Alcan. I bet there are a lot of us with that same shot. Ches tell us about the trailer. We sure had a good visit with you in 04. If gas ever drops to 2.00 we will be headed to BC in a heart beat. I hear the ice fields are melting fast and the glaciers also, hope to see them again before them or I am gone. Keep the eggs rolling!
__________________

__________________
Edward Shook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:18 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Chester Taje's Avatar
 
Name: Ches
Trailer: 1992 Kustom Koach 17 FT
British Columbia
Posts: 4,897
Hi Edward
Well the trailer is smaller than what we are use to.At present we are still learning to be comfotable in it.If in the future we are not pleased and want something bigger we will get a Escape Trailer.It was a good deal for us when we found it and it saved us having to wait for one we had ordered.
I also enjoyed our visit back 04 and would like to have more of them.We did have a Forum member here yesterday.She got a trailer i knew about.She bought and took it home.
Your correct about ice fields.When i was a kid they were right at the road.Look where they are now.
I don't think we will see any long term gas rate reductions anymore.This is the price we will have to pay.
Take Care
Ches and Marie
__________________

__________________
Retired Underground Coal Miner.
Served in Canadian Army (1PPCLI)
Chester Taje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:07 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 2003 Casita Spirit Deluxe 16 ft (Eggs-Car-Go with ivy the tug)
Ohio
Posts: 111
Hi Ches, saw an Escape at the bolerama last year, very fine trailer. If you are ever this way you are always welcome. You should try to make it to Emily, the eastern bolerama , some summer, you would enjoy it I am sure. There are no finer folks to visit with and the trailers are just as interesting and varied. There were over 100 this year with new people each year. We hope t get DSL here soon so the internet won't be soooo slooow. Good to hear from you, remember the latchkey is always out.
ED
__________________
Edward Shook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:21 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Chester Taje's Avatar
 
Name: Ches
Trailer: 1992 Kustom Koach 17 FT
British Columbia
Posts: 4,897
Quote:
Hi Ches, saw an Escape at the bolerama last year, very fine trailer. If you are ever this way you are always welcome. You should try to make it to Emily, the eastern bolerama , some summer, you would enjoy it I am sure. There are no finer folks to visit with and the trailers are just as interesting and varied. There were over 100 this year with new people each year. We hope t get DSL here soon so the internet won't be soooo slooow. Good to hear from you, remember the latchkey is always out.
ED
Thanks Edward and one day i will make Emily and Brandon also.
__________________
Retired Underground Coal Miner.
Served in Canadian Army (1PPCLI)
Chester Taje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:15 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Roy in TO's Avatar
 
Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Posts: 4,954
Quote:
saw an Escape at the bolerama last year, very fine trailer.
I don't know how I missed seeing that
Where was it parked? In with the group or out in the regular campsites with electrical?
I thought I was doing good, seeing my first Burro, Casita and Scamp 5th ... all up close and in person.
I would have loved to see the Escape as well!!!
__________________
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:34 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Chester Taje's Avatar
 
Name: Ches
Trailer: 1992 Kustom Koach 17 FT
British Columbia
Posts: 4,897
Quote:
I don't know how I missed seeing that
Where was it parked? In with the group or out in the regular campsites with electrical?
I thought I was doing good, seeing my first Burro, Casita and Scamp 5th ... all up close and in person.
I would have loved to see the Escape as well!!!
It would all depend on the type of beverages you had
__________________
Retired Underground Coal Miner.
Served in Canadian Army (1PPCLI)
Chester Taje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:08 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 2003 Casita Spirit Deluxe 16 ft (Eggs-Car-Go with ivy the tug)
Ohio
Posts: 111
Roy, it was 2006 at Emily and it was parked in the group area on the corner towards the pavillion facing the big field, or was that 2005, wait a minute, senior moment. Check with Fred on the year, I think everyone went through the trailer to have a look and at times there was a line outside. Nice trailer, but wider and higher than our 16' Casita.
__________________
Edward Shook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:14 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Roy in TO's Avatar
 
Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Posts: 4,954
Quote:
Roy, it was 2006 at Emily and it was parked in the group area on the corner towards the pavillion facing the big field, or was that 2005, wait a minute, senior moment. Check with Fred on the year, I think everyone went through the trailer to have a look and at times there was a line outside. Nice trailer, but wider and higher than our 16' Casita.
I'm thinking it was 2005 then, from what you are describing it would have been across the field from the Scamp 5th I seen in 2006.
BTW Chester, I was not drinking either
__________________
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:22 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Chester Taje's Avatar
 
Name: Ches
Trailer: 1992 Kustom Koach 17 FT
British Columbia
Posts: 4,897
Quote
(BTW Chester, I was not drinking either )
__________________

__________________
Retired Underground Coal Miner.
Served in Canadian Army (1PPCLI)
Chester Taje is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Mile Stone Contest Chester Taje General Chat 66 11-03-2009 05:29 PM
9,611-mile maiden voyage JenPB Camping, Campout Reports 25 03-12-2009 10:26 PM
A 5000 mile trip out West brian m. Camping, Campout Reports 7 08-12-2008 11:31 AM
COLORADO MILE HIGH CAMPOUT twoclinks Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 5 05-06-2006 11:44 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.