Mirrors - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2008, 03:51 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I can't find the post where we strayed into mirrors and I was asked to post regarding the mirror I got for the RAV and Toad ( Escape 17 ).

The mirror is Tow-N-See. Stupid name, but it works well for me. I can already see past the back of the trailer with the stock RAV mirrors but this extension allows me to see much further down the road behind me. Prevents me from pulling out into the fast lane in front of a motorcycle doing 160 kph.

Mirror attaches to the surface of the stock mirror with a suction cup. As you turn a knob, the suction increases. Easy on and easy off. There is a small loop strap for extra security. You then adjust it, using the controls for your stock mirror. They come in convex and normal. I went normal for viewing distance.

I got mine at O'Connor RV in Chilliwack, but there is a site, tow-n-see.com
I paid $50 at O'Connor.

I asked if they had had any returns and the clerk said, not with the Tow-n-See.

I'm going to get another for the passenger side.

baglo
Old 10-09-2008, 04:10 PM   #2

Trailer: 1974 Trillium 13 ft
I have one as well for our RAV. Only drawback so far is that sudden wind gusts or highway speeds will often knock the mirror and the vehicle mirror out of position. I may have to try sticking it to a different area and see it it helps, but then I'd pretty much lose most of useable viewing surface on the vehicle's mirror. Also, they make them in regular or convex models. I got the convex one, but occasionally wonder if I should have gotten the other one instead, so I may try using one of each.