Missed Early Desert Camping Opportunity - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-11-2009, 04:13 PM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
The temperatures for Anza-Borrego were in the upper 70s and low 80s this weekend. I missed a good opportunity to get a jump on the upcoming camping season.
Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:46 PM   #2

Trailer: 2003 Casita Liberty Deluxe
We didn't miss it! We went to the south side of Joshua Tree at the Cottomwood campground Thursday and Friday nights. The place was nowhere near full on Saturday morning. We went on a couple of hikes and just had to make the long drive to Pappy and Harriets Saloon in Pioneertown for a tri-tip sandwich. Friday night's sunset was beautiful.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0893.jpg  
Chris B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:48 AM   #3

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
The weather here in the Florida Panhandle is finally breaking to the point where we are planning our first Florida camping trip this weekend. The temperature is forecast to be in the low 70s instead of the mid 80s, where it's been stuck for the last couple of months!
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:48 PM   #4

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
It's interesting to read about the camping season just starting in these hot weather areas. We are debating how we might be able to get in one more trip up here around Chicago before winter sets in. Temps have been about 20 degrees below normal, with highs in the 40's for several days now. Hopefully we'll get a nice weekend before November! The other problem we have is that most of the campgrounds shut down after Oct. 31.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:02 PM   #5

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
The temperatures for Anza-Borrego were in the upper 70s and low 80s this weekend. I missed a good opportunity to get a jump on the upcoming camping season.
The upcoming camping season? Winter is setting in, we had SNOW this week and camping is over. I WANT TO GO WHERE YOU ARE and keep on camping

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:17 AM   #6

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Quote:
The upcoming camping season? Winter is setting in, we had SNOW this week and camping is over. I WANT TO GO WHERE YOU ARE and keep on camping
Many do. It always amazes me when I travel through Yuma, AZ and surrounding areas during the winter months and find the many seasonal residents. They start showing up around Thanksgiving and leave around April. And then in the summer we get the folks that live in the desert visiting us in San Diego.
Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:39 PM   #7

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Quote:
Friday night's sunset was beautiful.
Wow! That is beautiful!