Missing Moderator? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-22-2005, 10:05 AM   #1

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Where in the world is Gina? Has Oregon become so wet that all the campgrounds are without power? Or maybe she just needs a vacation.
Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 10:08 AM   #2
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Good questions...

Oh, Geeeeeee-nahhhhh!!!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 10:09 AM   #3

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
She said she'd check in if she could. I presume that wireless really MEANS wireless where-ever she is!

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 10:36 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I'm just a little bit concerned. The Oregon Coast was supposed to get wind gusts up to 50-60mph the last couple of days. Camping in a campground with big trees around, scary. Even worse, pulling a trailer on Hwy 101....

I have her cell phone number and will give her a call this evening, if she doesn't check in.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 11:01 AM   #5

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Her cell phone also may not work in the rin forrest.

(My verizon had trouble in much of Oregon.)
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 07:53 PM   #6

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
any news yet on Gina??
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 01:39 AM   #7

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Greetings folks. Thanks for the concern.

I am finally in Portland. Yes to the no signal for the cell or data, and yes to the high winds, rain and yuck. Boy, I always pick the best times to go places Today was actually the worst driving day, the winds were ridiculous, the rain even worse (Like Bob said, like driving thru a carwash) I stuck to the well traveled route and came up thru Lincoln City and on up the 18 etc to I-5 @ Tualitan. Not without hydroplaning a couple times. That stain on my drivers seat will clean up. It's an element.

Needless to say, but I will anyway, getting my brake controller installed was the single most important thing I did before hitting the road. What a major difference, and possibly may have saved my hide a couple of times.

The second I crossed over the 205 bridge into Washington to drop off the dogs, it just..stopped.

I am safe and sound in my friends driveway now, managing to take full advantage of the laundry this evening. There is a tarp over my trailer.. I have some leaks to deal with, I think.

BUT, for now, I look forward to meeting all of you tomorrow. I don't look forward to my dentist, Dr. Evil Pants, before I go to Kennedy school!

I am surfing on some poor neighbors network with a poor signal. As soon as my friend calls his wife and lets me know the password for his I will be more active online.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 01:44 AM   #8

Trailer: 1994 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel / Toyota Tacoma SR5
Gina

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Pat & Paul
jrnutpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 07:33 AM   #9

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I am finally in Portland.
<snip>
I look forward to meeting all of you tomorrow.

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 08:27 AM   #10

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Gina,
Prayer works once more. Glad to hear you are safe & sound. Stay on the sunny side if you can!
How about that, the banana dances again.
Kurt & Ann K.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:55 AM   #11

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Gina..
Glad to hear you made it safe and sound! Your so brave to come up in this horrble weather!!
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 02:01 AM   #12

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Oh, dear. I have missed a party I didn't know about til later. Well, that makes me feel even worse, as I couldn't send an RSVP that I'd not be there, due to a previous engagement.

Or maybe I missed an earlier thread under a different name.

Anyway, we all here had a very good special Christmas, where relatives far away guessed exactly which brand-new hard-cover you wanted, and local girl-children LOVED the boa feathers, and a really lovely family we know well gave us a gift box consisting of 1. a ruler, 2. a jar of pickles, 3. a big chocolate Toblerone and 4. the December issue of Vanity Fair. A good and interesting combination, just right for Christmas 2005.

I must go, as we are now about to watch the entire third season of Futurama. What a great day!

Love to all!
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 11:42 AM   #13

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Send a message via Yahoo to Renee K.
Gina, We are so glad you are safe up north and sorry that we missed you in Coos Bay. Now we will be praying for your safe and dry return when you start home. I go on weatherunderground for weather all around the state and check the road cams too, nearly every day. It is certainly the best way to change your mind if necessary! We are experiencing high winds and a cold front is to push in even more along with rain here and snow at higher elevations. If the winds get much worse we will just move out with all vehicles for a few days, because we have some big trees and a lot of big limbs have already fallen. We don't have but one small tree on our property so all that mess from close neighboring lots, with a trillion cones, goes right back over the fence!
Anyway, we hope you are having a good time and remember to come back soon! (Maybe July to Bullards?) Renee and Elsie and Jetta too
Renee K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 07:34 PM   #14

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Gina - we, too, are relieved to know you are safely arrived - what a challenging trip! Now for good times and a safe journey home. And ... we second Renee's comment about Bullard's next July!
Happy New Year - L 'n D
Old 12-26-2005, 10:43 PM   #15

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I just spoke with my friends in summer valley, and they say it's warm but damp, typical Oregon, so down I-5 I go for the return trip.

Yes, I saw the wind warnings and am very concerned, so there's another reason to skip the coast route. Oh well, It's nice in Shasta in the winter

They also say my KOA there is somewhat questionable for the type of side businesses run there, so I will scoot on down to Valley Of the Rogue as I usually do. From there, I don't know.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 08:48 AM   #16

Gina,
Kind of a bummer that most of your routing has been controlled by the weather, but at least you have some choices to try and avoid the worst. If you are not pushed for time you can stop and "enjoy" the wild side of the weather. Or maybe I'm the only one crazy enough to see beauty in a storm. It is much better when one's safety is not a concern and when a safe retreat is possible.
Thanks for keeping us posted about your trip---enjoy
Kurt & Ann K.