Missing my Scamp it's in the shop - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-10-2017, 07:18 AM   #21

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Missing my Scamp it's in the shop

The $8 reservation fee, or something close, is pretty common whenever you're reserving online, not just CA. Get used to it. However, most places it's only applied once per reservation, not per night, so it doesn't seem so bad when you reserve several nights at once.

It helps to keep it in perspective. Our 4 nights at Carlsbad came to $148, about the same as 1 night in an economy motel that is not on the ocean. I call it a bargain!

Didn't realize the service tech broke the lens. Don't be too hard on him- 25 years in the inland desert tends to make plastics pretty brittle! I hope the shop can find a replacement. If so, you might ask them to get two.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 07:31 AM   #22

Name: Lisa
Trailer: 1992 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
I emailed the trailer place and told him the lens isn't available any longer, that I will have to take him up on the LED conversion that he offered (he'll probably discount the price is what I figure).

I reserved a spot at Carlsbad, for one night in Sept., but it was $58 a night, senior discount. I think $65 with fees.
lisantica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:05 PM   #23

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
When you have a chance and have some time go to Scamps website and watch their set up videos. It will give you the basics.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:05 AM   #24

California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebaz View Post
When you have a chance and have some time go to Scamps website and watch their set up videos. It will give you the basics.
I love their videos! I watched most of them, even if my Scamp didn't have those added accessories.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:08 AM   #25

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Lisa,

I recently replaced my trailer lights on my 1986 Scamp 13 to LED's. If you private mail me an address to ship a lens to I will send one lens your way. You can't get these lenses except used.

Steve
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:23 AM   #26

California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebaz View Post
Lisa,

I recently replaced my trailer lights on my 1986 Scamp 13 to LED's. If you private mail me an address to ship a lens to I will send one lens your way. You can't get these lenses except used.

Steve
HUGE thank you for your generosity! PM sent!

Tags
scamp