Missing my Scamp it's in the shop - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-09-2017, 11:32 PM   #15

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Missing my Scamp it's in the shop

If the light is working and it's not leaking into the trailer (a garden hose can help with that) you can probably live with it for your first trip.

Later when you have time, this might be a good reason to swap out the old taillights for LEDs.

Old 08-10-2017, 04:03 AM   #16

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisantica View Post
Campground is Silver Strand State Beach Silver Strand SB
I think the spot I have reserved is a few feet from the sand...then ocean!
$80 bucks though (one night)...yikes. I'm a newbie, so I'm learning. I figure once I'm there I could maybe find out how to get a better rate.
Wow, how $ have changed, think it was $14 when the kids were young and we used to camp there for a week every year, maybe 6 or 7 total. No hookups back then, that dates me . I liked the middle or rear row for parking. The couple times I was on the first row next to the sand I was surprised by the number of folks cutting through between the RVs to get to the beach. Didn't care for that but the parking was pretty close together, might be different now though. Have a great first trip with the new chariot and post some pics.

Old 08-10-2017, 07:15 AM   #17

Name: Lisa
Trailer: 1992 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Later when you have time, this might be a good reason to swap out the old taillights for LEDs.
The light is working. The guy at the shop feels bad about his technician being ham fisted with the lens, he's going to try and find me a lens. I may go LED as suggested.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:18 AM   #18

California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post
Wow, how $ have changed, think it was $14 when the kids were young and we used to camp there for a week every year, maybe 6 or 7 total.
I sure thought $80 was high for one night, and that was with the $2 off for senior discount (taking my mom). But there was an almost $8 fee to reserve the space through the State park website. Maybe there's a cheaper way to reserve a spot there, I'm new to this. I'm going to find out tomorrow when I check in. I'll post an update.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:42 AM   #19

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Have a great time, Lisa, and don't worry about the little things on your first trip out. Having full hookups gives you power, water, and a sewer connection for your first try at this. Not having to wait at the dump station the next day could be a plus! Experiment, learn, and enjoy!
Old 08-10-2017, 07:50 AM   #20

California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
Have a great time, Lisa, and don't worry about the little things on your first trip out. Having full hookups gives you power, water, and a sewer connection for your first try at this.
Thank you, I needed that reminder to not worry and to remember this is my trial run.
My main concern was getting the trailer checked out for road-worthiness, lights, and wheel bearings repacked. Tires are new, and now I have a new spare tire.
Curtains coming today! Old ones were okay, but new ones will freshen up the look.
I cannot believe how clean the floors look now that the carpet/upholstery guy cleaned them! Plus my cushions are a shade lighter. Yay!
Old 08-10-2017, 08:18 AM   #21

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Missing my Scamp it's in the shop

The $8 reservation fee, or something close, is pretty common whenever you're reserving online, not just CA. Get used to it. However, most places it's only applied once per reservation, not per night, so it doesn't seem so bad when you reserve several nights at once.

It helps to keep it in perspective. Our 4 nights at Carlsbad came to $148, about the same as 1 night in an economy motel that is not on the ocean. I call it a bargain!

Didn't realize the service tech broke the lens. Don't be too hard on him- 25 years in the inland desert tends to make plastics pretty brittle! I hope the shop can find a replacement. If so, you might ask them to get two.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:31 AM   #22

California
Registry
I emailed the trailer place and told him the lens isn't available any longer, that I will have to take him up on the LED conversion that he offered (he'll probably discount the price is what I figure).

I reserved a spot at Carlsbad, for one night in Sept., but it was $58 a night, senior discount. I think $65 with fees.
Old 08-11-2017, 12:05 AM   #23

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
When you have a chance and have some time go to Scamps website and watch their set up videos. It will give you the basics.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:05 AM   #24

California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebaz View Post
When you have a chance and have some time go to Scamps website and watch their set up videos. It will give you the basics.
I love their videos! I watched most of them, even if my Scamp didn't have those added accessories.
Old 08-11-2017, 12:08 PM   #25

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Lisa,

I recently replaced my trailer lights on my 1986 Scamp 13 to LED's. If you private mail me an address to ship a lens to I will send one lens your way. You can't get these lenses except used.

Steve
Old 08-11-2017, 12:23 PM   #26

California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebaz View Post
Lisa,

I recently replaced my trailer lights on my 1986 Scamp 13 to LED's. If you private mail me an address to ship a lens to I will send one lens your way. You can't get these lenses except used.

Steve
HUGE thank you for your generosity! PM sent!

Tags
scamp