Missing Propane? Stolen? Other? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-23-2013, 12:49 PM   #15
Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
Maybe they are using a siphoning hose and taking it away in a bucket.
oh just stop it,,,,,,<_<

more likely someone (read that kid) waiting for dad to fool with his stuff in the storage lot has turned it on and it leaked out....or,, a homeless family lived in it for awhile?

actually it has to be going somewhere so have an independent person follow up on your procedure and check for leaks...you know,,, we have all shut things "on" instead of off at least a few times in our lives

Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by doing so, some have entertained angels unaware.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:13 PM   #16
Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
......we have all shut things "on" instead of off at least a few times in our lives.....

What ? What? do you have a mouse in your pocket ??? I for one have never Done anything like that! and I am not going to tell you about the time I made a pot of coffee ( i have a SS Thermos style pot that it brews into) did not drink any of it.....came back later that evening to set the pot up to brew automatic and I will have coffee when I wake up. Need I say I did not check the pot....I woke up to coffee all over my cabinets, in the drawers oh well you get the picture....

I agree have someone double check behind you to be Positive Sure you have done everything the way it should be done. Then you will know for sure it is not "user error" and can then know what steps to take next.

Hope you find the problem and get it solved before camping time. Best of Luck to you.

Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #17
Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
How about at least marking your tanks so you'll know if they have been switched. Glad I don't have to deal with storage facilities, all our trailers, vehicles, and equipment are kept on our property.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #18
Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
I don't think you have a leak but maybe. Up here in the Pacific NW many trailers are loosing their batteries worth $7.00. Propane tanks can run heaters,BBq's etc. Many tanks are taken. You might want to remove your tanks when not using the trailer.
FTTRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #19
Name: Cricket
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13'
Lp tanks can also be used to hold anhydrous amonia....ingredient for meth. Whenn they start to go missing here (upper midwest)...that is usually what is happening. Doesn't explain why they are empty unless they are just being prepped....i like the trail cam idea!

Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote