Mity Lite - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2009, 10:23 AM   #21

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Or is the person in the photos very tiny? (Don't laugh; I've seen some boat selling photos where the interior looks huge, and then it turns out that the person is 5'0" tall, which really does make a big difference in how big the space looks, as I guess one's eye is used to judging by someone who is more like 5'10" or something like that.)

They do look nifty!
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:07 PM   #22

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
I just saw the photos of the Mity Lite in question. Looks like some pretty extensive remodeling to me. That may be bad or good. The original cabinet doors are pretty cheap & ugly. The ones in the photo look like they may be an improvement, just depends on the skill of the remodeler. Where the refer usually goes, it looks like the space is now cabinetry. It kind of looks from the photos that they preferred the cabinet storage to a refer or icebox. Probably went with a Coleman cooler in the tow vehicle.

There is definitely no heater in that one, just as there was none in mine, even originally. I put a "T" on the propane line & found a nifty little safe portable that we can hook up when necessary.

Hope that helps,

-Gary
Gary,
I have question for you? Does yours have the two pads on top for a boat like the one Andrew Gibbons saw in Alberta as well as mine? You know it is funny more and more I think every Mity-lite or Miti-lite or Spacemaster Mity-lite like Rick Hansens are all the same or similiar fiberglass molds but it appears maybe everyone might have been custom built to suit the purchasers needs? As they all seem to be very close but none the same. The one with the sighting in Alberta by Andrew Gibben's posting back in 2007 appears to be the closest looking one to mine. Down to the two boat pads on top as well as the exact same decal and logo on the side.

A
Angela Mattice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:33 PM   #23

Trailer: Miti Lite Spacemaster
Quote:
Gary,
I have question for you? Does yours have the two pads on top for a boat like the one Andrew Gibbons saw in Alberta as well as mine? You know it is funny more and more I think every Mity-lite or Miti-lite or Spacemaster Mity-lite like Rick Hansens are all the same or similiar fiberglass molds but it appears maybe everyone might have been custom built to suit the purchasers needs? As they all seem to be very close but none the same. The one with the sighting in Alberta by Andrew Gibben's posting back in 2007 appears to be the closest looking one to mine. Down to the two boat pads on top as well as the exact same decal and logo on the side.

A
No, no boat pads on ours. Interesting theory about custom builds, especially considering the one that had the boat attached perfectly to the top. You may be on to something there.

I do hope you post some more interior pics. I could tell it was custom cabinetry in there, but it was obscured by shadows. It looks like the front cabs now have some sort of stepped countertop or something.

Someone else asked in another post if my wife is small, & if that was what made it look huge on the inside. Probably some truth in that, but I'm 5-11 and have no trouble standing fully erect at the kitchen counter. I'm sure you'll agree that for it's incredibly small footprint, these things offer an amazing amount of usable and comfortable space.

-Gary
Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:26 PM   #24

Quote:
No, no boat pads on ours. Interesting theory about custom builds, especially considering the one that had the boat attached perfectly to the top. You may be on to something there.

I do hope you post some more interior pics. I could tell it was custom cabinetry in there, but it was obscured by shadows. It looks like the front cabs now have some sort of stepped countertop or something.

Someone else asked in another post if my wife is small, & if that was what made it look huge on the inside. Probably some truth in that, but I'm 5-11 and have no trouble standing fully erect at the kitchen counter. I'm sure you'll agree that for it's incredibly small footprint, these things offer an amazing amount of usable and comfortable space.

-Gary
Hi Gary,

I will take some more pic's this weekend and try and post them on here. I was able to post the one but that was it. It said they downloaded but didn't show up. Robin G was nice enough to post them for me. If I can't I will put them on a photo page and post the link.

The cabinets were redone by the guy I bought it off of in Feb 2007. He redid the floors and countertop and painted the inside a light sky blue. He redid the lights as well. He told me when he bought it in Point Roberts. He said it was in nasty shape when he bought it and redid it all inside. The only thing he hadn't done was the upholstery. I reupholstered the cushions and made the curtains myself the first month I had it. It has two sets of wiring hooked up to it. I guess in the states it is 5 or 7 prong and here in Canada it is 4 prong. I never had the original removed.

It's really amazing how big our little trailer our. I'm sure yours has the same size bed (queen) which is used as the table top as well.

It seems like I have another different thing on the lil button as well. I'm not really sure as to what they are for, but it's on both sides of my trailer. They are flat screws all the way around except the front of my trailer. I will take pic's of that as well, maybe someone will know why they are there. The only thing I can think of is maybe it has something to do with if a person was to put a boat on top. hense the two boat pads I have on mine. Mind you the pic from 2007 with the one with the boat doesn't seem to have them on it so not really sure? These little trailers are a bit of a mystery.

As for the space in side, I do agree. I can't believe all the storage space, I have storage in each of the three bunches. In the kitchen area like you say is high, a person over 6' can stand up with out hunching.

I'm still thinking they were all individually custom done for the purchaser. I've always wondered how many they actually sold. I don't think is was very many as they are really rare little ones.

Anyway Gary I will most definately post more pic's

Angela
Old 09-07-2009, 12:41 AM   #25

Quote:

-Gary

Hi Gary,

I just downloaded an album on photobucket. I hope it works, here is the link.

http://s604.photobucket.com/albums/t...ly69/?newest=1

Angela
Old 09-07-2009, 10:00 AM   #26

Trailer: Miti Lite Spacemaster
This is just for fun:

Washington doesn't allow vanity plates on trailers, but we made up this one in Photoshop & laminated it, then we hang on the back when camping.
Attached Thumbnails
Weenie.png  
Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:28 AM   #27
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Hi Gary,

I just downloaded an album on photobucket. I hope it works, here is the link.

http://s604.photobucket.com/albums/t...ly69/?newest=1

Angela
Nice photos, Angela. Thanks for sharing them with us! (Beautiful trailer!)
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:33 AM   #28

Quote:
Nice photos, Angela. Thanks for sharing them with us! (Beautiful trailer!)
Thanks Mary F, I really have enjoyed the lil button!
Old 09-16-2009, 10:41 PM   #29

Trailer: 1985 Scamp 16 ft
One question about your ML- that side door looks like it could be awkward to enter & exit. A door that's doesn't come up to a woman's shoulder? What's it like to duck beneath that while you're taking a step up or down? How many times have you banged your head on the door frame?

Other than that, I like what I see. Better than my Scamp, because it has a bigger bed.
John Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:27 PM   #30

Angela have you sold it yet???
Kathy Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:46 AM   #31

Quote:
One question about your ML- that side door looks like it could be awkward to enter & exit. A door that's doesn't come up to a woman's shoulder? What's it like to duck beneath that while you're taking a step up or down? How many times have you banged your head on the door frame?

Other than that, I like what I see. Better than my Scamp, because it has a bigger bed.
It's not that bad actually getting in and out. You have to duck a bit that is about it. I have a bad back and it doesn't bother me at all. I have banged my head I would say 2 maybe 3 times, that is it. It's a great lil trailer.

Angela
Old 09-27-2009, 12:51 AM   #32

Quote:
Angela have you sold it yet???
Hi Kathy,

How are you doing? Hope all is well. Nope I haven't sold it yet. I got 2 messages tonight to call people back. One person that has already two weeks ago.

Angela
Old 11-24-2014, 03:59 PM   #33

Name: Thomas
Trailer: Currently Shopping.
Florida
Gary, just went on the teardrops and tiny trailers forum. Thanks for posting that; looks like that's what I'm looking for.
If anyone knows where one is for sale near the NY area; please let me know.
Going to Craigslist now.

P.S. I'll only be in NY until May. Fixin' to retire again.
gilhooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:42 PM   #34

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilhooley View Post
Gary, just went on the teardrops and tiny trailers forum. Thanks for posting that; looks like that's what I'm looking for.
If anyone knows where one is for sale near the NY area; please let me know.
Going to Craigslist now.

P.S. I'll only be in NY until May. Fixin' to retire again.
It was nice of Gary, but it's doubtful he'll ever see your message. He had Last Activity: 09-09-2013 08:10 AM on FiberglassRV.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 07:40 PM   #35

Name: Thomas
Trailer: Currently Shopping.
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
It was nice of Gary, but it's doubtful he'll ever see your message. He had Last Activity: 09-09-2013 08:10 AM on FiberglassRV.
Kinda like a tree that someone plants and goes on; leaving the tree for others to enjoy.
gilhooley is offline   Reply With Quote