Mity Lite - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2009, 08:20 PM   #1

Trailer: Miti Lite Spacemaster
Hello all-

I just found your wonderful site via "Teardrops & Tiny Trailers" author Douglas Keister. I had written to him asking if he knew anything about Mity Lite trailers. Exhaustive Google searches have offered me nothing. We have owned an '86 Mity Lite Spacemaster for about 8 years now, and have always wondered who manufactured them, how many were made, how many years production, etc. It always garners stares & requests for peeks inside at any campground, as the previous owner said would happen.

I am attaching a photo of ours. I wanted to call it the "White Wiener", but my wife promptly changed it to "Weenie", which stuck.

Anyone know anything about these?

Thanks,

-Gary
Attached Images

Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:40 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Gary, welcome to FiberglassRV. We've had a couple of members owning Miti-Lite trailers. My confusion lies with the spelling of the trailer name. I've seen:
Mity Lite
Miti-Lite (that's on our home page and you'll find the album here: http://album.fiberglassrv.com/gallery2/mai...p?g2_itemId=928

and MtyLite.

At anyrate, I understand the trailer was manufactured in Shelton, Washington in the mid-1980s.

Here's the topic about it: Complete Fiberglass Business. Hope you enjoy reading about it and seeing more trailers like yours

Oh, just found another topic: Mity-Light has a new look
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:20 PM   #3

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Gary, you just got hooked up with the guru of fiberglass info. Donna is the best, and I swear pulls topics that I have never seen out of thin air. She can always find great info. Sorry I can't help with info as I have never seen one in person other than on the forum homepage, but wanted to say it's soooooooooooooooooo cute! And can we see inside pic's of yours. I like your wife's choice of names........................ Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:54 PM   #4

Trailer: 1985 13 ft U-Haul
ry First welcome aboard. I am sure you will be really glad that you found the fiberglass forum, so much helpful information and really great people !! Hope to see you at one our "gatherings" and would really enjoy having a peek at your Miti lite, er mighty light oh well you know what I mean. I read Donna's post about the rights to the trailer being for sale back a few years ago. Does anyone know what became of it ? Lee p.s. there is a "gathering" coming up in Oct at Stub Stewart State Park in Oregon ( info is on the forum ) and we would love to see you there !
Lee Senn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:00 AM   #5

Trailer: Spacemaster Michiganti Lite 1987
Quote:
Hello all-

I just found your wonderful site via "Teardrops & Tiny Trailers" author Douglas Keister. I had written to him asking if he knew anything about Mity Lite trailers. Exhaustive Google searches have offered me nothing. We have owned an '86 Mity Lite Spacemaster for about 8 years now, and have always wondered who manufactured them, how many were made, how many years production, etc. It always garners stares & requests for peeks inside at any campground, as the previous owner said would happen.

I am attaching a photo of ours. I wanted to call it the "White Wiener", but my wife promptly changed it to "Weenie", which stuck.

Anyone know anything about these?

Thanks,

-Gary
Hi Gary, I just purchased my spacemaster tonite. Here was the ad info.

1987 Mity Lite fiberglass camping trailer.
Dinette converts to sleep 2 people, there is a 2 way fridge, a 2 burner stove and a heater. All in working condition.
It has rear stabilizer jacks, new tires, bike rack and storage box on the back (see pic).
NO A/C or BATHROOM
Trailer is in immaculate condition inside and out!
Easy to tow, apprx weight 1,000 lbs. Tongue 100 lbs,
13 feet long, 6 feet wide, 5.5 feet road height, 6.5 feet headroom with top up.

The trailer has been garaged for most of its life. It is super clean and from what I can tell so far will love using it for my little hunting camper in the mountains without hauling up a big camper. Kinda like a fiberglass tent trailer. pretty neat. The interior material is in awesome condition. Glad to see someone else has one of these odd little trailers. I saw it Craigslist and went right down and bought it. I in in Nor. Cal in a town called Lincoln, close to Sacramento. Do you know of any other owners of these things.

Rick
87 Spacemaster
Rick Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:10 AM   #6

Congrats Rick, I have been droooooooooooling over that one for a couple of days. Enjoy it! Take really good care of it, cause these babies are very rare! (except for this weeks, surge) the only one I had seen was on the homepage here and Gary's from this post started back in July! You two have little Jewels! Enjoy them!
Old 08-20-2009, 05:54 PM   #7

Trailer: Spacemaster Michiganti Lite 1987
Quote:
Congrats Rick, I have been droooooooooooling over that one for a couple of days. Enjoy it! Take really good care of it, cause these babies are very rare! (except for this weeks, surge) the only one I had seen was on the homepage here and Gary's from this post started back in July! You two have little Jewels! Enjoy them!

Thanks. I pulled it into the garage today to give it a little windex cleaning. Not much really to do on this thing. The previous owner said the heater worked but had not used it for a very long time. He said the stove worked and I said ok. It was so clean I figured whatever the problems were I could either fix it or just get over it. Well I was tinkering with the heater today to see if I could get it to work. I read the directions. Tried it, NOTHING. oh well, I tried the process one more time and wham, the little heater fired right up. It is a built in auto lighting catalytic heater with a thermostat. Unreal for a small trailer.
I am going to try the polyglo product on it I think to get it real shiny and protect the body of it. I am going to do a quck campout this weekend with it.

It also came with a copy of the original two sheet description and options. Mine has all the options but the porta potti is missing, but there is a space for it with a small door to hide it. I am pretty stoked about it. I think it is a rare bird for sure. I will probably hang on to it for a long time even if I get a bigger one someday.

Rickster
Rick Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:53 PM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I will probably hang on to it for a long time even if I get a bigger one someday.

Rickster
Pictures! Camping pictures! Think "home page photo" hint, hint, hint.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:46 PM   #9

For those who requested photos, sorry about the wait, but here they are:
Attached Thumbnails
Weenie_Back.jpg   Weenie_Front.jpg  

Weenie_Kitchen.jpg  
Old 08-31-2009, 10:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Hi Gary, I just purchased my spacemaster tonite. Here was the ad info.

1987 Mity Lite fiberglass camping trailer.
Dinette converts to sleep 2 people, there is a 2 way fridge, a 2 burner stove and a heater. All in working condition.
It has rear stabilizer jacks, new tires, bike rack and storage box on the back (see pic).
NO A/C or BATHROOM
Trailer is in immaculate condition inside and out!
Easy to tow, apprx weight 1,000 lbs. Tongue 100 lbs,
13 feet long, 6 feet wide, 5.5 feet road height, 6.5 feet headroom with top up.

The trailer has been garaged for most of its life. It is super clean and from what I can tell so far will love using it for my little hunting camper in the mountains without hauling up a big camper. Kinda like a fiberglass tent trailer. pretty neat. The interior material is in awesome condition. Glad to see someone else has one of these odd little trailers. I saw it Craigslist and went right down and bought it. I in in Nor. Cal in a town called Lincoln, close to Sacramento. Do you know of any other owners of these things.

Rick
87 Spacemaster
So far it's just you & me. I live in the Port Townsend, WA area. Saw one get off the ferry last year & would have chased it down to have a chat with the owner, but unfortunately, I was on foot at the time. Hopefully some other owners find these forums....

-Gary
Old 09-01-2009, 09:51 AM   #11

Thanks Gary for posting the pic's! These lil trailers are just tooooooo cute! You guys are lucky to own them. Enjoy!
Old 09-01-2009, 10:30 AM   #12

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Thanks for posting the pictures. It looks more roomy inside than I thought it would. There is an 84 Miti-lite for sale near here and the sellers pics aren't very good, I wasn't really interested until I saw yours, now...?

Question though, he's asking 3,200 for it and doesn't mention a fridge or heater/furnace, just a stove and sink. Do you think this is too much?

Thanks,
Linda.
Linda D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Thanks for posting the pictures. It looks more roomy inside than I thought it would. There is an 84 Miti-lite for sale near here and the sellers pics aren't very good, I wasn't really interested until I saw yours, now...?

Question though, he's asking 3,200 for it and doesn't mention a fridge or heater/furnace, just a stove and sink. Do you think this is too much?

Thanks,
Linda.
We've been trying to get a handle on that. They are apparently quite rare, and that coupled with higher gas prices last year, we thought ours might be worth somewhat more than we paid for it. It's still rare, but with the economy in the tank, we're just not sure. This is the first price I've seen since we bought ours. It's a little more than what we paid, but our '86 only has a portapotty, icebox, & a Coleman stove strapped to the countertop, so I'm not sure how it compares. Wish I could find more of them for sale so I could get a better idea of their market value. (Although I can't really imagine selling the Weenie)
Old 09-01-2009, 09:34 PM   #14

Quote:
It also came with a copy of the original two sheet description and options. Mine has all the options but the porta potti is missing, but there is a space for it with a small door to hide it. I am pretty stoked about it. I think it is a rare bird for sure. I will probably hang on to it for a long time even if I get a bigger one someday.

Rickster
This is a photo of the Potty you're missing.
Attached Thumbnails
photo.jpg  
Old 09-01-2009, 10:36 PM   #15

Linda is that Canadian dollar? I don't understand the exchange, but I would say No that is not toooooo much! Like I said in another post, I have only seen 3 now. 2 for sale, 1 on the homepage of this forum. If it's in decent shape, and you like it then I don't think it's to high. I personally would love to own one just for the retro factor and how unique they are. Let us know if you end up buying. Robin
Old 09-01-2009, 10:55 PM   #16

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Yes, that is 3,200 Canadian, so a about 2,900 US. We're going to take a pass on this one. Not enough room for the fur-kid (he would take up all the floor space) and it needs a fair amount of TLC.
Linda D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:23 PM   #17

Quote:

Thanks,
Linda.
I just saw the photos of the Mity Lite in question. Looks like some pretty extensive remodeling to me. That may be bad or good. The original cabinet doors are pretty cheap & ugly. The ones in the photo look like they may be an improvement, just depends on the skill of the remodeler. Where the refer usually goes, it looks like the space is now cabinetry. It kind of looks from the photos that they preferred the cabinet storage to a refer or icebox. Probably went with a Coleman cooler in the tow vehicle.

There is definitely no heater in that one, just as there was none in mine, even originally. I put a "T" on the propane line & found a nifty little safe portable that we can hook up when necessary.

Hope that helps,

-Gary
Old 09-03-2009, 08:59 AM   #18

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
I just saw the photos of the Mity Lite in question. Looks like some pretty extensive remodeling to me. That may be bad or good. The original cabinet doors are pretty cheap & ugly. The ones in the photo look like they may be an improvement, just depends on the skill of the remodeler. Where the refer usually goes, it looks like the space is now cabinetry. It kind of looks from the photos that they preferred the cabinet storage to a refer or icebox. Probably went with a Coleman cooler in the tow vehicle.

There is definitely no heater in that one, just as there was none in mine, even originally. I put a "T" on the propane line & found a nifty little safe portable that we can hook up when necessary.

Hope that helps,

-Gary
Hi Gary,
This little gem is mine that I'm selling. Yes the whole inside of the Mity-lite has been redone 3 years ago. The person I bought it off of redid the inside and he wripped the ice box out. I never replaced it but the area is still there in the cabnets to put one back in if the future owner wanted to put one back in.

It's quit funny that Linda felt the Mity-lite needs a fair bit of TLC. Yes it the original exterior with the sticker for where it even came from in Shelton, Wa. as well I believe the orginal canvas. The Mity-lite aka the lil button is 25 years old so I'm not sure what she is looking for. I will try and put up some more pic's for the forum.

I have really enjoyed my little trailer and it really is so unique and rare. As I'm sure you are already figuring out. I too have had people follow me and stop me just to ask questions and see it. As well in all the camp grounds, people can't get enough of it. I should have started to taking admission 2 1/2 years ago when I bought it. You will just luv yours, I certainly have.

Anyone who decides to buy the lil button will really enjoy it as I know I have.

Angela
Angela Mattice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:06 AM   #19

Trailer: Cloud 13 ft and Compact Jr
Arrow

I sure wish there was one in the old north west (read Minnesota / Wisconsin). I have never seen one or heard of one for sale anywhere near here.
DonDeutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:12 AM   #20

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
wow.. that thing is "huger" on the inside than I expected!

The higher ceiling when deployed would be great... even for short little old me!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote