Molded fiberglass motorhomes? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-20-2010, 11:33 AM   #29
Trailer: 2007 Casita
Lisa, as you see the reasons for going trailer versus motor home are as varied as are the many rv options to choose from.

Take your time looking especially if your planning to live in it. I agree with the Bigfoot or EggCamper suggestions. Much bigger floor plans than say a Casita.

Gina, did I miss something? Are you back in an egg?

Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:49 PM   #30
Name: Ron
Trailer: 13 ft Scamp Deluxe 2007 and 40' Allegro Bus
Send a message via AIM to RSchleder Send a message via Yahoo to RSchleder
We actually have both, a 13' Scamp and a 40' diesel motorhome. There is, in our opinion, a place for both depending on the type of camping you wish to do. We consider our Scamp our summer camping unit for National Parks as well as other shorter ( 1 or 2 weeks in length). Our motorhome is our second home that we live in during the winter . In short, camp in the Scamp and live in the motorhome when we snowbird in the South. Works for us although "different strokes" as they say.

RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:22 PM   #31
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Originally Posted by Davep View Post
We did nto like the Scamp or Casita because of the all of the carpeting inside. Holds smells and not easy to clean. Ours is easy to clean and smells good all the time.
Get an Eggcamper.
I just have to comment on this. The Scamp marine "rat fur", or Escape "headliner material" or Casita carpet, does not hold odors any more than an EggCamper upholstery or curtains or rugs on the floors hold odors. I don't think any Scamp/Escape/Casita owners would want to camp in a stinky trailer any more than an EggCamper owner. There are usually reasons for wanting an EggCamper or other all fiberglass interior, but it's not because of the interior materials holding smells.
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:39 PM   #32
Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
When researching a fiberglass trailer, I spoke with a couple I knew via the dog games. They've owned several RV motor homes over the years, and the husband recently bought a Scamp 16 for solo fishing trips. The wife "took over" the Scamp on HT and dog training weekends.

The husband told me that he bought the Scamp because it could get him into areas that the RV could not go. Plus, huge gas savings. He told me that he has more fun with the Scamp than he every had with their RVs. They still use the RV for "family" trips, but that Scamp seems to be occupied most every weekend.
'92 Bigfoot 19' | '07 Chevy Tahoe
Jane P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:46 PM   #33
Name: Vivian
Trailer: 1999 Scamp 16 ft ('The Pod')
Originally Posted by Bud Kennedy View Post
I have never seen someone driving their MH to work for instance.
Our next door neighbor drives his Pleasure Way to work and uses it a lot otherwise to go to dinner and shopping. Nice to have a bathroom handy no matter where you are.
Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:14 AM   #34
Trailer: U-Haul CT13
My brother gave me this and I drove it home to CT from Indiana last week and it averaged 13.3 to the gallon.
It's fiberglass from the cab back and really comfy. We are taking it camping this weekend!
Attached Thumbnails
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #35
Trailer: U-Haul CT13
had this thing out this weekend....roomier than our ct13 but not as tall...we liked it and the ease of using it.

Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote