Molded fiberglass, no kidding! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-01-2006, 09:27 PM   #1

Trailer: Burro 17 ft Widebody
Registry
Ran across this when surfing for teardrop trailers (in case I have to downsize in the future).

Check it out: http://www.bellrv.com/bellliberty.htm

In case you need an AC/heater for it how about adapting this unit: http://www.atrendyhome.com/noname10.html

Showing up at Bullards in that rig would tweak our noses some, I bet!
Per Walthinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 10:47 PM   #2

Trailer: Two 13 ft Scamps
Registry
Wink

Quote:
Ran across this when surfing for teardrop trailers (in case I have to downsize in the future).

Check it out: http://www.bellrv.com/bellliberty.htm

In case you need an AC/heater for it how about adapting this unit: http://www.atrendyhome.com/noname10.html

Showing up at Bullards in that rig would tweak our noses some, I bet!

Well... it is interesting but nothng beats my Scamps and I wouldn't trade them for it!!!
jaye580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 11:14 PM   #3

Trailer: 1994 Lil Bigfoot and 1967 Traveleze Royal Traveler
I see they've got a '84 Scamp 13 in their 'previously owned' inventory. Maybe someone WILL show up with one.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:45 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I see they've got a '84 Scamp 13 in their 'previously owned' inventory. Maybe someone WILL show up with one.
Looks like a 16' to me with a side bathroom...maybe it's the angle of the pic

Let's see:
  • No set-up - Galley always up and ready for use (providing it's not raining and the wind isn't blowing!)
  • Liberty (complete) $6,995 What's a new 13' Scamp run?????
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 07:00 AM   #5

Trailer: 1994 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel / Toyota Tacoma SR5
Good Morning Donna,

This is way too much money
jrnutpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 07:10 AM   #6

Trailer: TrailManor (Gone to the Darkside)
One of the things I find very appealing about the fiberglass trailers is that they are extremely lightweight. After seeing what a bare-bones 13-footer weighs in at - it was hard to look at teardrops (or pop-ups) the same again (both usually promoted from the angle of being very lightweight).

I prefer cooking outdoors anyway - so the outside kitchen is no big deal to me. Although I can see some distinct advantages to having it all set up and just having to open a door.

On the weight issue again... It isn't clear to me why this thing weighs as much as it does. They're rating it at just under 900 pounds. That's the same as my old Boler, yet it's much smaller. What are they sticking inside that thing that makes it weigh that much??? Considering all it'll ever have to carry is a few hundred pounds (two bodies, some clothes and such), it shouldn't need to be all that substantial. My guess is that they're overbuilding it. If they cut it down to only what was essential - I'd wager they could have a trailer that weighed 500lbs or less.

mkw
Mike Watters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 07:29 AM   #7

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
that little doggie a/c unit looked neat to bad it is only 2000 btu.
Al V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:41 PM   #8

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
Quote:
that little doggie a/c unit looked neat to bad it is only 2000 btu.
I spoke with the mfctr sales rep not too long ago. He said he couldn't certify using one for our trailers even though he has at least one client using the unit to cool a boat that is about the same dimensions as a 13fter. He said the key to the boater's success with the unit is he only uses it for sporadic cooling down for his cabin. The sales guy said that in a 13ft trailer he suspected that the unit would run perpetually. Its not cycling down ever would cause the coils to freeze and the unit would become ineffective. He said if someone wanted to put a shower curtain across the cabin and cool it in increments it would probably work. We had this discussion when there was a distributor in SC that was unloading his inventory on eBay. The units were going for $199 then. I was asking if the unit would be compatible with a 1000W generator. He said, "Yes."

The rep sounded like a smart guy who knew his product. His reluctance to certify was due to his lack of knowledge of FGRV, the lack of insulation in a lot of our trailers and because he would have to know how many warm boides generating heat would be in trailer to be able to guesstimate unit efficiency. The unit is certified for teardrops.
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote