Molded Fiberglass Toy Campers! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-18-2010, 01:27 PM   #15

Name: Bruce T
Trailer: Compact jr
Indiana
Registry
Quote:
Hi Bruce - are you planning to do a Scamp 5er too???
yes....and trillium,casita too.because so many people have them

Old 01-18-2010, 07:40 PM   #16

Trailer: 2010 17 ft Escape B ('Cafe Egg')
Registry
Hmmm, Escape... Similar shape to the Trillium, 17' long. That would really be a nice addition. Scroll to the bottom of the following page for some pics:

http://escapetrailer.com/Products/17FootEscape.aspx

Boy Bruce, you started something here... I really appreciate this idea!! Alone in this forum you will be able to sell quite some models! Are you sure it is not going to be too much work..??

Old 01-18-2010, 08:15 PM   #17

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
Bruce:

Kevin did not mention that we have more than 1 of the Uhaul molded toys that were made for advertising the trailers. They are some kind of molded material like plastic and appear to be the 16' VT.

CindyL
Old 01-18-2010, 10:44 PM   #18

Trailer: 1991 Scamp 16 ft
Will one be able to gain access to the inside easily? I'd buy a 16' Scamp one if I could pop it open and make it exactly like mine inside. The interior stuff I could do and would love doing it - the making of the exterior, not so much! I've been contemplating carving one out of wood just for kicks but I'd really like to do the inside up. This sounds great.

1991 Scamp 16'
Bryan L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:31 AM   #19

Name: Ron
Trailer: 13 ft Scamp Deluxe 2007 and 40' Allegro Bus
Iowa
Send a message via AIM to RSchleder Send a message via Yahoo to RSchleder
A 13' Scamp would be great. depending on price, I'd be very interested. Ron
Old 01-22-2010, 08:49 AM   #20

Trailer: Cloud 13 ft and Compact Jr
Minnesota
Bruce<

I am deffinately interested in the U-Haul model. I have a Cloud and they are almost identical. Please keep me posted.

thanks
Old 01-22-2010, 10:49 AM   #21

Trailer: 2004 17' Casita
Quote:
I'll sit down this week and figure the right lengths and widths for each..and start making a plug for the uhaul 13 mold....It's harder to do than the scamp or burro because of the projected windows front and rear and the side depressions ...but certainly doable.
Scamps, burros, bolers and trills should all be a bit easier to do ....maybe.
I'll only be asking what it costs to make one and not looking to make extra off them. There are some things that can be done with them though if you have one...like...go after doll house or toy furniture and fixtures to do the inside...light them.......paint a scheme to stare at then change ..drag em around behind a rc car or truck..LOL....there are many 18th scale cars and trucks diecast ive looked at and I think thats the scale most doable actually..search diecast cars and trucks and see if they have yours or something close(they dont have my Ranchero but they have the car like it I could hack up)..theres alot of diorama accy's for them also..people garages tools etc........or you could just............look at it
I'm thinking mailbox?
Old 01-22-2010, 04:42 PM   #22

Name: Liz
Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler, 1987 & 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
California
Registry
Very cool idea! I would be interested in a 13ft Boler.

And if you want to do the really obscure do a Bigfoot 5th wheel!
Old 01-22-2010, 08:36 PM   #23

Indiana
Registry
Quote:
Will one be able to gain access to the inside easily? I'd buy a 16' Scamp one if I could pop it open and make it exactly like mine inside. The interior stuff I could do and would love doing it - the making of the exterior, not so much! I've been contemplating carving one out of wood just for kicks but I'd really like to do the inside up. This sounds great.
well....they'll be hollow and two halves , soyes before joining you could add interior..I was saying earlier that doll house supplies might do or just toy stuff..I'm almost through with the uhaul rough shaping and have to add the flat areas to the roof and sides for the tail lights and side stripe area...the uhaul is actually the hardest to do I think because of these and the front and rear window area.....the rest look easier ....we'll see.
and yes I've seen the uhaul vt toy before...it's around 1/25th scale .......I'm going with 1/18th because of the many available die cast trucks and cars you can buy . ....Bruce
Old 01-22-2010, 08:45 PM   #24

Name: Rick & Rei
Trailer: 1970 Campster
Kansas
Sounds great-I would be interested in a Compact Jr.-cream color-let us know if you make one. Thanks
Old 01-23-2010, 02:07 AM   #25

Name: Herb
Trailer: 2002 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Arizona
We have a car and trailer salt and pepper shakers. Whoever made them (china?) obviously had never seen a trailer, but they are still neat to have. We got them at the Tillamook cheese factory in Oregon.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:51 AM   #26

Indiana
Registry
Quote:
Hmmm, Escape... Similar shape to the Trillium, 17' long. That would really be a nice addition. Scroll to the bottom of the following page for some pics:

http://escapetrailer.com/Products/17FootEscape.aspx

Boy Bruce, you started something here... I really appreciate this idea!! Alone in this forum you will be able to sell quite some models! Are you sure it is not going to be too much work..??
I've made molds before for RC model airplanes with a friend..it's a bit time consuming yes..but definately doable..I'm surprised more at how many people are interested.I didnt think many would be...and actually once you have a mold ready it's not too hard to layup one...some of the materials are a bit pricy but these things are small..........Bruce
Old 01-23-2010, 07:59 AM   #27

Indiana
Registry
Quote:
I'm thinking mailbox?

cool idea
Old 01-23-2010, 08:03 AM   #28

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
I've made molds before for RC model airplanes with a friend..it's a bit time consuming yes..but definately doable..I'm surprised more at how many people are interested.I didnt think many would be...and actually once you have a mold ready it's not too hard to layup one...some of the materials are a bit pricy but these things are small..........Bruce
I'd love to see the process, through pictures that you're using for this entire process. Hope you're documenting and will share with us Perhaps others would like to do similar stuff, like fix broken items on a trailer that's no longer available for replacement.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote