molded trailer - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #15
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Originally Posted by Laura June View Post
I found one up in Canada made by ProLite it is the Eco model. Which you can stand up in, it weighs 750 lbs. They make another called the Suite which is lighter yet, but you can not stand up in it. I don't know to much about this company or the quality of there product. Would like to know more, if anyone has any information about it.
Laura, the ProLite is a popular Canadian trailer that has been built out of Quebec for the past 14 years or so. Its not a molded fiberglass trailer though - the trailers body is built of plywood which they cover on the outside with thin fiberglass panels.

Carol H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:49 AM   #16
Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Contradicted myself? in what way? Perhaps you just misread my post as as I did say all the trailers I listed (including those you mention) are still making trailers.
Yup, you are correct, I was misreading. Brackets are clearly beyond me.

David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #17
Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Laura - we looked at a Prolite and decided not to buy. It seemed flimsy and once the joins started to wiggle about it would allow water in to the wooden framework. For less money we got a used Trillium that is sturdy and doesn't leak.

Everyone has different ideas about what they really want when it comes to a trailer or car. All you can do really is decide on how much cash you are prepared to spend, look at brands, layouts etc and choose the one that comes closest to ideal.
Hazel in Sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #18
Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
There is also Molded plastic . On a side note, pretty impressive facility they now have. Last I looked they needed funding or an investor.
Tail Feather Camper Production - YouTube
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #19
Name: Terry
Trailer: 1996 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 ft
Ken, There's been some past threads about these modular plastic sections that get put together to make a trailer. I guess they finally got into production under the name of Tail Feather. I would be very interested to see how this works. Has anybody seen one of these things? What I'm curious most about is how they do all these seams without leaks.
Terry G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #20
Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Yeah, we've chatted with the business owner in the archives here. He has come an impressive long way from starting up in his backyard. If he his still subscribed to those threads you can talk with him directly maybe. Other good stuff on their facebook if interested.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #21
Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
I thought the tailfeathers were interesting... if it was a hard sided poptop roof and had the woden furniture inserts like back in 2011...I might have considered it...but the leaking was a fear.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:20 PM   #22
Name: Ray
Trailer: 21' Escape - former owner of 17' "other brand."

Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote