Moms and Kids Camp Groups?? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-10-2007, 03:24 PM   #15

Trailer: 1985 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Tirah
Quote:
Hi Tirah,

Do you have twins?? I have 5 1/2 yr old boys. I am the camper in the family and a couple of summers ago, I bought a 13'Trillium. While there are times I wish I had a bit more space, I can handle it myself (for the mostpart). I have taken my boys since they were 3 1/2. I am in the Seattle area and have been lucky enough to meet some moms that also like to camp. They don't have trailers. Some tent and one has a van that makes into a big bed. I have ventured solo twice (met people on this site at the Nor Ore gatherings. I was a bit nervous the first time, not knowing anyone, but it all worked out great. I am the cautious type and would never go alone with the kids to any remote places unless I was with someone or in a well known/traveled campground. I moved to Wa 7 years ago from Santa Barbara. I am learning some new geography and adjusting to the shorter camping season. I am planning on going to the April gathering and will probably bring my boys. Haven't been brave enough to take the kids and the dog yet (she is still a pup). Maybe this summer.

The best to you.
Sharon
Hi Sharon! My son is 3 yrs and 2 months, and my daughter is 14 months old. That's terrific that you have gone with just your boys and that you've found some other moms who like to camp! You all are making me feel a lot more comfortable about going with just the kiddos. I feel confident about everything except maybe backing the trailer without someone to guide me (but I'll just request a pull-through site).

Washington has gorgeous camping areas. I'm envious!

Hope to meet you sometime at one of the rallies!

Old 01-10-2007, 07:29 PM   #16

Name: Linda and Dale and Dallas the cat
Trailer: 1984 Fiber Stream
California
I can say that if you camp with your kids they will remember it forever. I have always traveled on the road with my kids, camped in both campgrounds and parks as well as rustic areas. Now that all of my kids are grown and two have kids of their own, I can say, it was a good thing. Now they are talking about how they want to take their kids camping. How their favorite places are where we went camping, and not Disneyland but the Lave beds campground. I was camping alone with just the kids and 28 years ago not many women solo-ed with kids but 98% of the time there was no problems. The few times I felt uncomfortable, I just started the engine and moved to a better place to camp. Build those memories, kids grow too fast. It feels like yesterday but now I am getting ready to take our grandkids camping with us.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:44 PM   #17

Trailer: 1985 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Tirah
That's wonderful that you're taking your grandkids camping and very cool that you camped with your kids when they were little! I wish I could get my mom to camp with us (she thinks the trailer is "roughing it" )

I'm definitely taking the kids on lots of mom-kid camping trips each summer! I think it would be a neat bonding experience, and both the kids and I really love camping together. I hope they grow up with the types of memories your kids have!
Old 01-10-2007, 08:58 PM   #18

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0009_1.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	211.1 KB
ID:	5996

Here's the good news Byron! She seems to have outgrown her road vomit! YIPEE!! She is twice as big as last time you saw her. She has turned out to be quite a great poochy. The jury is still out about bringing her. Here is a pic from Christmas out shopping for a tree.

Sharon
Old 01-10-2007, 09:14 PM   #19

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
she's a cutie!

And, isn't that boy a little young to be smoking?

Old 01-10-2007, 09:40 PM   #20

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Here's a picture of Girtie aka Swiffer. Spring 2006 NOG.

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]

It seems as though Girtie liked to collect forest duff in her fur, hence the nickname Swiffer. Yup, she's gained a bit of size and weight.

edited for spelling
Old 01-11-2007, 11:15 AM   #21

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
Quote:
she's a cutie!

And, isn't that boy a little young to be smoking?

HA HA HA HA HA Ha Ha ha ha ha....

The boy still sucks his thumb and chews on almost anything. I even caught him chewing on one of Gertie's chew toys... I have often said if he's not smoking by the time he's 12 it will be a miracle!!