Monopod-British Super Egg - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-17-2013, 08:04 PM   #21

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
One of the benefits of being broke is I can dream the dreams! I still like it and don't care how much it costs or how much it weighs, because it will never been in my driveway. Sigh.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #22

Trailer:
Rocks are not a big issue in Europe and I imagine the sloped front windows will get much less bug splats than upright ones - I've just switched from a fairly upright windshield car to a more normally sloped one and the reduction in bug splats is wonderful.

The handles on the back are a standard European fitment for manually manoeuvring a trailer - nowadays many folks use powered movers to do that, but tradition persists. Bear in mind that all European trailers have mechanical brakes with a handbrake and a jockey wheel under the jack, so manual manoeuvring of the trailer on its own is a normal thing.

What's surprising is that they haven't fitted any matching handles to the front as those are a standard European fitment too.
Andrew Gibbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #23
bec

Name: Gabi&Wolf
Trailer: Escape 15 A
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
One of the benefits of being broke is I can dream the dreams! I still like it and don't care how much it costs or how much it weighs, because it will never been in my driveway. Sigh.
yeah ... it is gorgeous ..... But is nicer than an Escape 5.0 ? ....... just skimmed over the measurements and actually misread and thought it was over 25 ' .... but even so way bigger than anything we'd ever want .
bec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:27 PM   #24

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by bec View Post
... just skimmed over the measurements and actually misread and thought it was over 25 '
But it is over 25'... see my previous post.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:59 PM   #25

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Gibbens View Post
Rocks are not a big issue in Europe and I imagine the sloped front windows will get much less bug splats than upright ones - I've just switched from a fairly upright windshield car to a more normally sloped one and the reduction in bug splats is wonderful.

The handles on the back are a standard European fitment for manually manoeuvring a trailer - nowadays many folks use powered movers to do that, but tradition persists. Bear in mind that all European trailers have mechanical brakes with a handbrake and a jockey wheel under the jack, so manual manoeuvring of the trailer on its own is a normal thing.

What's surprising is that they haven't fitted any matching handles to the front as those are a standard European fitment too.
I just learned something new today, thanks.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote