Montana (WY, ID) Camper Owners... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2018, 06:00 AM   #1

Name: James
Trailer: Trillium 4500
New Jersey
Montana (WY, ID) Camper Owners...

Hi All,

I have friends in Helena looking for a FGRV. Are there any owners of 13-17ft trailers within a few hours of Helena (or might be passing through) that would be willing to spare a few minutes to show their campers off?

You can read all the posts you want but at the end of the day seeing a few in person goes a lot farther in deciding what you do and don't want (size, brand, bed size, headroom & bath etc...) and allowing them to strike more quickly when the right trailer comes available.

Thanks,

Jim
junglejim83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:00 AM   #2

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
I'm currently living in Dillon (MT) but my base of operations is still Helena. I get up there quite a bit. I don't always bring my trailer but I'm sure I will sometime this summer. Or they could always check it out down in Dillon.

I have a friend in Helena with a 16' Scamp but I can't offer hers for a tour...

I don't know if any of them are members here (I've never seen them post), but there's a Casita near the Cathedral, and another Casita and Scamp just west of downtown on the edge of the mansion district. Depending on what your friends are like, they could always knock on doors...This is all in Helena and your friends should know where I'm talking about.

The Scamp and Casita are on Lawrence. Can't remember the name of the street near the Cathedral but I'll look next time I'm in town.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 05:34 PM   #3

Name: James
Trailer: Trillium 4500
New Jersey
Zach, thanks a bunch for the feedback. I will relay the information. Once they are forum members I will let them take the reigns.

What do you tow your bigfoot with?
junglejim83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:44 PM   #4

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Some manufacturers have a referral program (or whatever they call it) where someone agrees to show their trailer in return for some small credit with the manufacturer. I really don't know exactly how it works but I know Escape does it. Contact Escape directly and they can provide information.

It is 100 times better to see a few different models in person, so your friend is being smart. Lots of variation in design, floorplan and more.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:46 AM   #5

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
I tow with a 98 V6 Tacoma. It's not the perfect match, but it's enough. It's the wind resistance of the flat-fronted Bigfoot, not the weight that gets me, but only in a headwind. I cruise easily at 65mph in 4th (the top speed my trailer tires are rated at), and happily drop to 45mph and 3rd gear climbing mountain passes, and still pass the semis. An egg shape would tow great with my truck. I'm walking a fine line, and possibly somewhere around 100lbs over payload limit, but well within tow and tongue weight limits.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 07:23 PM   #6

Trailer: 1985 13 ft U-Haul
suggest you look up gatherings , probably there will be some in your area . Your friends could then visit a gathering and get a look see at several campers and then determine what might work for them. Lee and Norma
Lee Senn is offline   Reply With Quote