More Changes at Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2015, 01:27 PM   #1

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13 Front Washroom, Van Camper
New Brunswick
More Changes at Scamp

We picked up our new 2015 Scamp and there are a couple of changes on our unit.

There is a new refrigerator vent cover being used - basically a standard RV cover. Not sure if it's for the better but time will tell. It's supposed to keep water out better. We have the 1.9 small three way refrigerator which requires you to access the controls from the outside so now instead of an easy latch operation you will need a screw driver or a coin to open the fastener.

The second change I wish I had been given a choice on - the front washroom model used to have a small window and a gravel shield - the window is gone and replaced by a standard RV washroom vent and fan. If given the choice probably would have requested both the window and vent. I understand they don't carry the small size window now.

The delivery dates for ordering today are August for standards and September for deluxe models. I have never seen so many units on the grounds at Scamp and they are all sold waiting for delivery.

Sent from my XT1028 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Briantb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 03:39 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Congratulations on your new Scamp! Many happy travels. Hope you'll post some pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briantb View Post
...The second change I wish I had been given a choice on - the front washroom model used to have a small window and a gravel shield - the window is gone and replaced by a standard RV washroom vent and fan. If given the choice probably would have requested both the window and vent. I understand they don't carry the small size window now...
Personally, the window always seemed so small as to be not worth cutting a hole in the shell in the front where it is exposed to rain at 55 mph. I have the same window over the stove in my unit. The wind mechanism is flimsy and I've had it jump the track more than once. On the other hand, it's nice to leave open a crack for ventilation when I'm away from the trailer.

I'm curious about where they placed the vent.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 03:43 PM   #3

New Brunswick
Washroom vent

Attached Thumbnails
1428097404952.jpg  
Old 04-03-2015, 05:24 PM   #4

Name: CW
Trailer: Scamp 16 Standard (Coming May 1st!)
New Jersey
New Scamp

Congrats on your new Scamp! Looking forward to mine coming in May. Happy trails!
Bill
CharleyWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 06:15 PM   #5

Name: Jared
Trailer: WTB a 19' Scamp
Ontario
[QUOTE=Briantb;513768]We picked up our new 2015 Scamp and there are a couple of changes on our unit.

Brian,
when you brought your Scamp over the border are your taxes based on the total price in American or the equivalent in Canadian funds?

Thanks,
jared
j-rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 06:31 PM   #6

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
Have fun with your new Scamp, Brian. It is good to read that Scamp is making small changes, some people here seemed to think once that the Scamp was stuck in the distant past. I had a factory tour almost two years ago and they were busy then. It seems they have been building up the inventory over the winter, but still cannot keep up. Good for them.

Those new Scamps are so white and shiny!
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:09 PM   #7

New Brunswick
You pay the taxes on Canadian equivalent unfortunately. At the border you pay GST. After the RIV inspection you pay your provincial tax.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:18 PM   #8

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2014 16 scamp side dinette/Rav4 V6 Tow pkg.
Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briantb View Post
We picked up our new 2015 Scamp and there are a couple of changes on our unit.

There is a new refrigerator vent cover being used - basically a standard RV cover. Not sure if it's for the better but time will tell. It's supposed to keep water out better. We have the 1.9 small three way refrigerator which requires you to access the controls from the outside so now instead of an easy latch operation you will need a screw driver or a coin to open the fastener.

The second change I wish I had been given a choice on - the front washroom model used to have a small window and a gravel shield - the window is gone and replaced by a standard RV washroom vent and fan. If given the choice probably would have requested both the window and vent. I understand they don't carry the small size window now.

The delivery dates for ordering today are August for standards and September for deluxe models. I have never seen so many units on the grounds at Scamp and they are all sold waiting for delivery.

Hi, 2014 on mine has the refer vent that uses the screw driver to open (pain) for something you use often. I have the window in the bath, I like that. If I can figure how to get the screen off and on, i could use the shower hose as an outside thingy. Just didn`t sit down yet to think of something. Carl
Carl Pa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp