More Snoozy Photos and info..... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-16-2011, 04:20 AM   #21

Trailer: 2010 Trillium 13 ft (California-made)
Registry
Ah, yes ... Jack Nicholson at his best

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
BigLew,

"Feed Me"

CindyL
Old 06-16-2011, 10:24 AM   #22

Name: Lew
Trailer: none
Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
BigLew,

"Feed Me"

CindyL
My wife would have known that........the only thing I know is "Fix It"
BigLew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:30 AM   #23

Pennsylvania
Here's a few more things concerning the Snoozy.....There are 5 lights inside.....all LED Except for the fan light.
The warranty on the Snoozy is for 2 years (fiberglass) and Cabinets. Manufacture warranty on the components.
The tires are made by "Trail America"....the size ......205/75/14
The water lines are CPVC...the elbows are also plastic.
The converter is made by Progressive Dynamics (45amp).
Old 06-16-2011, 11:11 AM   #24

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
I don't thing Jack Nicholson was in what I am thinking that the Lil Snoozy reminds me of.
Next clue:

Dentist

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #25

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
There were two versions of that movie. Jack was in the first.
MillerK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:18 PM   #26

Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Registry
"Feed me, Seymore"....

Funny voice for an Audrey, though...

Loved the flick.

Hoping for a road trip to visit the Snoozy factory m'self....just too hot to head South these days....reckon it will wait till Fall or Winter, eh?

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:55 PM   #27

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
OK, I did not know about the Jack Nicholson version. I only saw the Rick Moranis version and a version that played in Cedar Rapids many years ago.

The camper reminds me of the plant, Audrey II.

CindyL
Attached Thumbnails
Little Shop of Horrors Pizza Hut Audrey II.jpg  
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:57 PM   #28

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by captsteve2002 View Post
I can answer the bonding of the two halves, since I went to the factory a couple of months ago. The top and bottom are bonded with glass on the interior. The outside strip is to cover the joint, and looks to me as not adding any real strength. They are nice units.

I have seem mentioned that the air conditioner hanging out the back. A Roof top one I'm sure could be put on, but remember that it adds a lot of heigth, and costs a lot more. With the galvinizing on the trailer, that should save money over the long haul.

My wife and I are considering getting one of these as we both are 6'1" and have head room. The only concern I had was the interior finish and the lack of storage. Hopefully that improves after the first on that I saw on the showroom floor.
I thought I read one of Nicholas' posts in another thread stating that roof air was not possible, the roof would not support it... but I can't find it now so maybe I am mistaken.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:21 AM   #29

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
I thought I read one of Nicholas' posts in another thread stating that roof air was not possible, the roof would not support it... but I can't find it now so maybe I am mistaken.
Hi Mike,
I do recall him saying it was a whole lot cheaper to go his route. These units cost no more than 99 bucks to replace, where as the top units are several hundred. That's the reason he went with the rear mount. Also, I think he wrote where they are having a cover built to make the unit more attractive.

BTW....the tung weight on the Snoozy I looked at was 250#
Old 06-17-2011, 01:24 PM   #30

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
The camper reminds me of this one, even the front hitch.
Attached Thumbnails
egg.jpg  
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:52 PM   #31

Name: Nick
Trailer: OutdoorsRV
Texas
Hey thanks so much for the pictures and the comments. I'm in route now to PA (with a weekend stop in Wyoming - beautiful) and then plan to head down to SC in early July for a tour. I'm leaning heavily toward the Lil Snoozy but of course want to put my own two eyes on it first. I like that they're flexible on other options. If I like what I see when I visit I'm thinking I'm going to put a deposit on one.
Rvicsvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:17 PM   #32

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikljones View Post
Hey thanks so much for the pictures and the comments. I'm in route now to PA (with a weekend stop in Wyoming - beautiful) and then plan to head down to SC in early July for a tour. I'm leaning heavily toward the Lil Snoozy but of course want to put my own two eyes on it first. I like that they're flexible on other options. If I like what I see when I visit I'm thinking I'm going to put a deposit on one.
Hi Nick....

I'm glad you liked the photos, I was hoping they would help some of the people in their decisions.
I wanted to let you know that we emailed and called ParkLiner and we never received a reply back from anyone. I thought that was really unusual for a business not to at least reply back. All my wife and I wanted to do was stop by and see one. It was not very far out of our way.....but since we never received an answer, we decided that their was no way we would purchase a camper from someone that could not take the time to at lease answer our request. I just thought you should know.
I think you will enjoy the visit to Snoozy. When we first got close to where our GPS said it was.......we thought we were lost. It's really in the country.....really a pretty farming area.....but when you get close to his old business, you'll see the main highway that runs right by it.
I think you'll also enjoy Nick and his dad. The old man has run a business before, for many years. He knows what it's going to take to make it work.
I was wondering since you were going to be in Pittsburgh if it would not be better to just go to the fiberglass get together in the Poconos? The Snoozy will be there with Nick......and all the other Fiberglass campers. That way you could do a good comparison. Just my thought.
Have a great day Nick......Sincerely,,,,,,,Lew
Old 06-17-2011, 09:46 PM   #33

Name: Nick
Trailer: OutdoorsRV
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLew View Post
Hi Nick....

I'm glad you liked the photos, I was hoping they would help some of the people in their decisions.
I wanted to let you know that we emailed and called ParkLiner and we never received a reply back from anyone. I thought that was really unusual for a business not to at least reply back. All my wife and I wanted to do was stop by and see one. It was not very far out of our way.....but since we never received an answer, we decided that their was no way we would purchase a camper from someone that could not take the time to at lease answer our request. I just thought you should know.
I think you will enjoy the visit to Snoozy. When we first got close to where our GPS said it was.......we thought we were lost. It's really in the country.....really a pretty farming area.....but when you get close to his old business, you'll see the main highway that runs right by it.
I think you'll also enjoy Nick and his dad. The old man has run a business before, for many years. He knows what it's going to take to make it work.
I was wondering since you were going to be in Pittsburgh if it would not be better to just go to the fiberglass get together in the Poconos? The Snoozy will be there with Nick......and all the other Fiberglass campers. That way you could do a good comparison. Just my thought.
Have a great day Nick......Sincerely,,,,,,,Lew
Thanks Lew for the info. I need to be in Missouri by the 2nd week of July and don't think I can make Pocono. I will keep that in mind though in case my plans can be changed. Nick
Rvicsvol is offline   Reply With Quote