More Snoozy Photos and info..... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2011, 12:51 AM   #1

Name: Lew
Trailer: none
Pennsylvania
More Snoozy Photos and info.....

Hi everyone......

My wife and I made a trip to see the Snoozy this past week. I thought it would be better to post the photos and some of the info on the Shutterfly site.
the password for viewing is fiberglassrv (all lower case).

It's really late and I have been working on this for a few hours....since my main laptop went on the blink. This beater laptop is super slow!
Anyway......I hope these photos will answer at least some of your questions. I can tell you that Nick and his dad are two very nice people. They certainly made us feel at home.
Tomorrow I will look up some of the notes my wife and I took. Things like...if you were to request the cassette toilet...the opening would be 14" x 14" to the left of the entrance door as you face it.
There are a total of 8 plugs in the camper......GFI.......4 are being used for the fridge, etc.....and 2 are 12 volt and 2 more are 110.
Remember that I am a newbie.......I'll do my best in trying to answer some questions.
Have a good night all......I honestly don't know why I am saying this at 2:50 AM.........I'm the only guy up at this hour!
Lew
ps...there are a lot of dupe photos due to me uploading twice......don't ask.
BigLew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:37 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Nice job-----thanks!!!!!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:48 AM   #3

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLew View Post
Hi everyone......

My wife and I made a trip to see the Snoozy this past week. I thought it would be better to post the photos and some of the info on the Shutterfly site.
the password for viewing is fiberglassrv (all lower case).

It's really late and I have been working on this for a few hours....since my main laptop went on the blink. This beater laptop is super slow!
Anyway......I hope these photos will answer at least some of your questions. I can tell you that Nick and his dad are two very nice people. They certainly made us feel at home.
Tomorrow I will look up some of the notes my wife and I took. Things like...if you were to request the cassette toilet...the opening would be 14" x 14" to the left of the entrance door as you face it.
There are a total of 8 plugs in the camper......GFI.......4 are being used for the fridge, etc.....and 2 are 12 volt and 2 more are 110.
Remember that I am a newbie.......I'll do my best in trying to answer some questions.
Have a good night all......I honestly don't know why I am saying this at 2:50 AM.........I'm the only guy up at this hour!
Lew
ps...there are a lot of dupe photos due to me uploading twice......don't ask.

Why are four plugs used for the fridge? In our Scamp we have nine (9) 110 AC outlets, each with 2 outlets and 2 DC plus.

Thanks Norm
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:45 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Lewis, I'm sure everyone appreciate the efforts not only of the information but the pictures. Better to have duplicates than to miss any
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:03 AM   #5

Name: Tim
Trailer: 2006 Casita
New York
Looks like a pretty neat trailer, is the fridge a 3 way?
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:04 AM   #6

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Why are four plugs used for the fridge? In our Scamp we have nine (9) 110 AC outlets, each with 2 outlets and 2 DC plus.

Thanks Norm
I think he meant the 4 plugs were used for the fridge and other normal things. I first read it the same as you did!
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:12 AM   #7

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Thanks for the pictures! Looks like a neat new trailer design. I would miss the front/back windows while driving for visibility, but it looks very sleek and aerodynamic.

Cute kitten, too!

So it appears the brakes are a surge braking system with disc brakes. Is that right? This makes it easier for someone to use without putting a brake controller in their TV.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:13 AM   #8

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Thanks for sharing, proof of the disc brakes too. Do you know how the top and bottom shell's are attached? Are there screws going all the way around the middle seam like escape or is it fiberglass bonded from the inside? Thanks
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:53 AM   #9

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 19
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Thanks for sharing, proof of the disc brakes too. Do you know how the top and bottom shell's are attached? Are there screws going all the way around the middle seam like escape or is it fiberglass bonded from the inside? Thanks
I can answer the bonding of the two halves, since I went to the factory a couple of months ago. The top and bottom are bonded with glass on the interior. The outside strip is to cover the joint, and looks to me as not adding any real strength. They are nice units.

I have seem mentioned that the air conditioner hanging out the back. A Roof top one I'm sure could be put on, but remember that it adds a lot of heigth, and costs a lot more. With the galvinizing on the trailer, that should save money over the long haul.

My wife and I are considering getting one of these as we both are 6'1" and have head room. The only concern I had was the interior finish and the lack of storage. Hopefully that improves after the first on that I saw on the showroom floor.
captsteve2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:15 AM   #10

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post

Thanks Norm
Hi Norm.....
I think i said one for the fridge, ETC......so there are 4 that are used for certain things like the fridge and whatever else they wanted to designate them for......besides those 4 there are another 4......they are two 110's and two 12 volts.
I hope I got that right snoozy!
Hey, if you need more, they will put whatever you need in. I hope this helps. BTW....they are will to do extra windows.....and whatever to please us. I don't believe we can beat that!
BTW.....nick gave me a guestimate for another large window on the opposite side at about $200. Again, it was a guestimate....simply because no one has asked for that yet. But I honestly believe having a ton of light and the option of all that air flow.......and less Tv to watch....well that's me.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:16 AM   #11

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Lewis, I'm sure everyone appreciate the efforts not only of the information but the pictures. Better to have duplicates than to miss any
Thank you, Miss Donna.......btw.....I love your posts.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:27 AM   #12

Pennsylvania
Hi Ken'''''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
The answer is "both". They glue and screw. I have the name of the glue, but my best half is at work and it's in her purse. We don't see each other very much on this shift.....but I'll leave a msg to her to leave it out tonight.
Again ......Nicks dad thinks they can paint the galvanized frame black. But he doesn't want to tell everyone yes....and then not be able to do so.
It might be as simple as wiping it down with vinegar and painting it, but he needs to check.......which he is doing.
Btw....thanks for reading between the lines.....I got off work at midnight and tried to upload directly to the site here.......this old laptop is so slow....and I don't have the software on this one to take the photos and drop the kbs on them. I believe the max is 100kb's.....and I was way over that in photo size.
So by tomorrow, if anyone needs a certain photo, I'd be glad to email it directly to you.
Also....I don't have ALL the answers.....but my hopes are that nick will step in and give his answers. I left a long list of questions for him.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:33 AM   #13

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by captsteve2002 View Post
I can answer the bonding of the two halves, since I went to the factory a couple of months ago. The top and bottom are bonded with glass on the interior. The outside strip is to cover the joint, and looks to me as not adding any real strength. They are nice units.

I have seem mentioned that the air conditioner hanging out the back. A Roof top one I'm sure could be put on, but remember that it adds a lot of heigth, and costs a lot more. With the galvinizing on the trailer, that should save money over the long haul.

My wife and I are considering getting one of these as we both are 6'1" and have head room. The only concern I had was the interior finish and the lack of storage. Hopefully that improves after the first on that I saw on the showroom floor.
The air has been moved higher on the snoozy, also the seams are glued and screwed.
The interior finish on the ones they are working on now are not anything like the first one they did for the test. The new ones are much more smooth.
yes the rubber strip is for looks. It is pretty heavy duty though.
They didn't have the cover for the air conditioner yet.....it is being worked on though. That will make it look a lot better imho.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:43 AM   #14

Pennsylvania
I did tell nick that down the road it would really be nice to have a large window above the bed..(moon roof)...and yes, I know it would increase the chance of leaks....but I'll bet there is a way to do it. Can you imagine looking at the stars while laying in your bed.
With that, I think I'm going to take a nap and then head off to work. lol
Old 06-15-2011, 10:46 AM   #15

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie B. View Post
Nice job-----thanks!!!!!
It was a lot of fun Vickie. I just wish I had ALL the answers for everyone. I'm just too much of a newbie.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:16 AM   #16

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I don't know how it's done but i have seen chainlink fences that are galvanized, painted black.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:18 PM   #17

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
I really like this camper, so I am leaving this comment unexplained, as I don't want people to think of this comment in a negative light. I like the bed; I like the headroom; I like the different design. It does not match the same kind of style of campers of its size.

So...

I think if we were in the market for a new camper, my Lil Snoozy would be named Audrey.

Why....?

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:55 PM   #18

Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
I really like this camper, so I am leaving this comment unexplained, as I don't want people to think of this comment in a negative light. I like the bed; I like the headroom; I like the different design. It does not match the same kind of style of campers of its size.

So...

I think if we were in the market for a new camper, my Lil Snoozy would be named Audrey.

Why....?

CindyL
No clue here........can we have a better hint?
Old 06-15-2011, 06:04 PM   #19

Pennsylvania
Concerning the painting of gavanized metal......I found this online.....

Pro Industrial

whattya think?
Old 06-15-2011, 07:41 PM   #20

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
BigLew,

"Feed Me"

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote