Mpls people, how many of us are there here? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-20-2010, 05:34 PM   #15

Name: Joe
Trailer: Scamp 16 - floor plan #4
Minnesota
Registry
So, were any of you MN Casita owners at Myre-Big Island State Park last weekend, or in Hinckley the weekend before that? if you were at Myre, I waved at you as we were pulling in on Saturday. Casitas are pretty trailers.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:24 PM   #16

Name: Karalyn
Trailer: Eggless for now but looking. currently own Amerilite 21 ft
Minnesota
Casita's are pretty trailers. I sure miss mine. It could have been my old Casita without me. :-(
I have been getting my Scamp prepared for winter today as it is suppose to turn cold (in the 30's tonight). Was hoping to go out one more time, but this week is full of other things I must do. I think most of the State Parks will have no more water on after this weekend. I sure hate the thought of putting the egg to bed for the winter.
Next summer would love to go camping with anyone willing to go here in the area. Would be nice to meet fellow egg owners. Seems like there are a few new ones here in the area. I hate camping by myself.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:53 PM   #17

Trailer: 1972 13 ft Boler American
St. Paul for me..
Old 10-21-2010, 02:31 PM   #18

Trailer: Scamp
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack maloney View Post
Used to live in Mpls., but we moved up to Saint Paul years ago. We've had our U-Haul CT13 egg for about 5 years and have traveled with it coast to coast. Had it up to the North Shore two weeks ago, where we usually camp at Cascade River State Park. Often go to Whitewater SP in southern MN, and make an annual spring trip to Custer SP in the Black Hills. FG eggs rock!

We have a 16 ft. scamp and live in Red Wing. Have camped about 35 nights this summer. We are going to Custer State Park next summer. What campground have you stayed at in the park?
Old 10-21-2010, 02:34 PM   #19

Trailer: Scamp
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack maloney View Post
Used to live in Mpls., but we moved up to Saint Paul years ago. We've had our U-Haul CT13 egg for about 5 years and have traveled with it coast to coast. Had it up to the North Shore two weeks ago, where we usually camp at Cascade River State Park. Often go to Whitewater SP in southern MN, and make an annual spring trip to Custer SP in the Black Hills. FG eggs rock!

We live in Red Wing,MN and have a 16 ft. Scamp. We have camped about 35 nights in it this summer. Unfortunately time to store it for the winter. We are going to Custer State Park next summer. What campground did you stay in at Custer state park?
Old 10-21-2010, 04:34 PM   #20

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane G. View Post
We are going to Custer State Park next summer. What campground did you stay in at Custer state park?
We always camp at Bismark Lake. It's a USFS campground that is neatly tucked into a corner of Custer State Park. Like most USFS sites, it is fairly primitive (no elecs, no flushes). But it is on a small, quiet, beautiful lake where outboards and jet-skis are banned - so it attracts quiet-loving campers. Less than 10 minutes from Custer city, about 15 minutes from the Wildlife Loop. We have camped all over the Black Hills, and Bismark Lake is by far the best for peaceful camping.