Mpls people, how many of us are there here? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-15-2010, 11:13 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
Thumbs down Mpls people, how many of us are there here?

I am curious, I just noticed 2 fairly new Mpls, Mn people here. I know there are at least 4 of us, but how many here from this area of the country that have eggs?
Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:50 AM   #2

Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel/2019 Toyota Tundra
Iowa
Registry
Decorah, IA?
Cyndi B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:05 AM   #3

Trailer: 2004 Scamp 13 ft
I was a Mpls eggl person til it got scrambled! Hopefully, I'll be one again in the not too distant future.
Cheryl C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:44 PM   #4

Trailer: Boler 1984
Mpls?????????
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:20 PM   #5

Trailer: 89 Scamp 16 ft
I was in Minneapples, yesterday
Old 10-17-2010, 05:42 AM   #6

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Kevin is from Decorah. We both went to Luther. We now camp there just outside Decorah when we are there. His folks are still there. I think the campground is called Sampson Springs.

And I used to work in St. Paul and supervise student teachers in Minneapolis. We lived in SW WI, so I commuted. We have only camped there once, down by the Renaissance Faire at a KOA.

Now we are outside Chicago.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:41 PM   #7

Iowa
Registry
CindyL:

Have you tried the city campground? We did that with our pop up while my husband was starting work with a company in West Union. My yard is available. Full hookup if you are not do not mind putting the hose down Sister Concepta Tank. Dang Luther Homecoming. People think my yard is the park.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:55 PM   #8

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
I don't like how they squeeze trailers into the campground if you mean Decorah Campground. We have used it a couple of times. They also don't have water. Sampson Springs has all I want. I like water and electricity. We did set up and hook up once at Venehiem (I am misspelling this.) where Kevin's folks are. We used their electricity and hose.
Where do you live, up near the college? We will remember not to walk over your yard next year at homecoming. We have a reunion next year.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:09 PM   #9

Iowa
Registry
The grey house going into the park. Mill Creek runs through our yard from the fall to the river.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:44 PM   #10

I know there are more twin cities and suburban people on this board than what responded. How about Minnesota in General or the close surrounding areas?
Old 10-19-2010, 11:01 PM   #11

Name: Joe
Trailer: Scamp 16 - floor plan #4
Minnesota
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karalyn View Post
I know there are more twin cities and suburban people on this board than what responded. How about Minnesota in General or the close surrounding areas?
Hey, I'm down here in the south metro! Got my Scamp about a month ago and have had it out three times so far. Loving it!
Joe in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:48 AM   #12

Trailer: Cloud 13 ft and Compact Jr
I am in St Paul, have two, both still projects, a Cloud and a Compact jr. My wife is still made I sold the Scamp 16.
DonDeutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:26 AM   #13

Trailer: Casita
Does Grand Rapids Mn count? We have had a Trill, burro, a 16' Casita SD and now have a 17' Casita LD. I guess we love fiberglass. Bette
bette hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:15 AM   #14

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Used to live in Mpls., but we moved up to Saint Paul years ago. We've had our U-Haul CT13 egg for about 5 years and have traveled with it coast to coast. Had it up to the North Shore two weeks ago, where we usually camp at Cascade River State Park. Often go to Whitewater SP in southern MN, and make an annual spring trip to Custer SP in the Black Hills. FG eggs rock!
jack maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:34 PM   #15

Name: Joe
Trailer: Scamp 16 - floor plan #4
Minnesota
Registry
So, were any of you MN Casita owners at Myre-Big Island State Park last weekend, or in Hinckley the weekend before that? if you were at Myre, I waved at you as we were pulling in on Saturday. Casitas are pretty trailers.
Joe in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:24 PM   #16

Casita's are pretty trailers. I sure miss mine. It could have been my old Casita without me. :-(
I have been getting my Scamp prepared for winter today as it is suppose to turn cold (in the 30's tonight). Was hoping to go out one more time, but this week is full of other things I must do. I think most of the State Parks will have no more water on after this weekend. I sure hate the thought of putting the egg to bed for the winter.
Next summer would love to go camping with anyone willing to go here in the area. Would be nice to meet fellow egg owners. Seems like there are a few new ones here in the area. I hate camping by myself.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:53 PM   #17

Trailer: 1972 13 ft Boler American
St. Paul for me..
Tim M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:31 PM   #18

Trailer: Scamp
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack maloney View Post
Used to live in Mpls., but we moved up to Saint Paul years ago. We've had our U-Haul CT13 egg for about 5 years and have traveled with it coast to coast. Had it up to the North Shore two weeks ago, where we usually camp at Cascade River State Park. Often go to Whitewater SP in southern MN, and make an annual spring trip to Custer SP in the Black Hills. FG eggs rock!

We have a 16 ft. scamp and live in Red Wing. Have camped about 35 nights this summer. We are going to Custer State Park next summer. What campground have you stayed at in the park?
Diane G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:34 PM   #19

Trailer: Scamp
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack maloney View Post

We live in Red Wing,MN and have a 16 ft. Scamp. We have camped about 35 nights in it this summer. Unfortunately time to store it for the winter. We are going to Custer State Park next summer. What campground did you stay in at Custer state park?
Diane G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 03:34 PM   #20

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane G. View Post
We are going to Custer State Park next summer. What campground did you stay in at Custer state park?
We always camp at Bismark Lake. It's a USFS campground that is neatly tucked into a corner of Custer State Park. Like most USFS sites, it is fairly primitive (no elecs, no flushes). But it is on a small, quiet, beautiful lake where outboards and jet-skis are banned - so it attracts quiet-loving campers. Less than 10 minutes from Custer city, about 15 minutes from the Wildlife Loop. We have camped all over the Black Hills, and Bismark Lake is by far the best for peaceful camping.
jack maloney is offline   Reply With Quote