Mr. Buddy vs. Black Cat - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2002, 06:19 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Mr. Buddy vs. Black Cat

Charles, you posted that you had both Mr. Buddy and Black Cat catalytic heater. What is your reasoning behind having both types? We're going to buy a small heater for boondocking and are trying to figure out which style to purchase. Or do you feel we need both?

Mr. Buddy has an Oxygen sensor that we like - and we have CO alarm in the trailer so wouldn't worry too much about the possibility of poisoning ourselves, but the black cat CAN'T produce CO - so that's another appeal.

What do you think?

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 06:36 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Jeese

>>Mr Buddy versus Black Cat

For a minute there, I thought you were challenging Michael's dog, Buddy, to a fight with your Black Cat!

And I couldn't figure out how Daisy and you could have a cat with all the fur balls.

Then it dawned on me that you were talking to me.

Reason for both:

1. I prefer the Mr. Buddy heater with the oxygen depletion sensor ... and we use it all the time.

2. However, the Mr. Buddy heater does not work reliabily in altitudes over 6000 feet. (Since you NE-braska types don't have real mountains, it would work well for you!)

(Note to those who don't know, Nathan and Daisy live in New England, but don't know how to abbreviate their region and continue to use the abreviation for Nebraska by mistake!).

But, since Pam and I spend a month each year in Colorado ... including a 10 day stint at close to 10,000 feet, dry camping all the way, I purchased a Black Cat to have onboard in case the weather turned nasty.

It will occasionally snow on us in July out there ... but with the drought out West this year ... it really didn't get cold enough overnight to use it.

But, there's always next year.

In the altitudes y'all are going to encounter, I'd go with the Mr. Buddy.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote