Multiple trailers and irrational thoughts - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-08-2008, 12:08 AM   #15

Name: Brandy
Nope, I strongly disagree here....I know I know I hate to say this cause I think everyone else is just being far to nice, you need to sell it..............to me. Yes some other members here are shaking their heads (they are just jealous they didn't think of it first). So quit being such a trailer hog and sell it......to me of course and forget what those "other folk" are saying....... between you and me *I think they're crazy*

Old 08-08-2008, 11:53 PM   #16

Name: Karen
Trailer: Formerly Bigfoot 25RB21 and Scamp 19
Colorado
Quote:
Nope, I strongly disagree here....I know I know I hate to say this cause I think everyone else is just being far to nice, you need to sell it..............to me. Yes some other members here are shaking their heads (they are just jealous they didn't think of it first). So quit being such a trailer hog and sell it......to me of course and forget what those "other folk" are saying....... between you and me *I think they're crazy*

And I thought you were about to share some very wise advice with me!

Old 08-10-2008, 03:02 PM   #17

Name: Peter
Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Now I know why you wore a cute baseball cap with your goldfish icon on the front at all times while you were at the Lake Champoeg NOG this spring. We all thought it was to help tie your name and posts together, but now I see it must conceal a pair of diminutive and extremely cute, though somewhat disquieting, set of horns.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:15 PM   #18

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Quote:
In a lot of ways besides sentimental ones, I regret not keeping my 13. There are a LOT of places closer to home (Like the Sierras) that I can not take the 17 in due to roads and windy stuff and extreme elevation gain. The Jeep and 13 would do just fine, but the bigger and heavier rig may have issues. I am not a chance taker along those lines.

With gas prices the way they are, I can not take off and go to my normal haunts that are less daunting to tug to, but MUCH farther away.

I am thinking of a cabin tent or a small rig like a pop top Chinook.

hmnn... maybe a nice Eriba Puck
I am kicking myself for not jumping on a Coleman Colorado advertised locally on Craig's list a few months back...

How about one of these? The entire tent portion is packed away in the roof! Lots of cargo space -- Likely, it costs too much, but it would be fun for weekend/short trips.

http://sylvansport.com/it.html
Old 08-10-2008, 07:36 PM   #19

Name: Brandy
MMMWAHAHAHAHHAHA...*cough cough darn smoke* Did you not see the red headed kid in tow and trailer pulled by a red car....usually thats a dead givaway...sorry to burst your bubble alas it is true I was out for my own greedy purpose

Quote:
Now I know why you wore a cute baseball cap with your goldfish icon on the front at all times while you were at the Lake Champoeg NOG this spring. We all thought it was to help tie your name and posts together, but now I see it must conceal a pair of diminutive and extremely cute, though somewhat disquieting, set of horns.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:53 PM   #20

Trailer: 1982 Scamp 13 ft
Quote:
Ah, the days of no car seats or seat belts required. We would all be put in the backseat and some of us ended up piled in the way-back of the station wagon. The front seat of the station wagon was a very spacious bench seat, all one piece. Times have certainly changed!
Karen, you brought to mind something I had forgotten--our family traveled to Florida in a station wagon in 1962-ish. I guess one night they couldn't find a motel vacancy because I remember my dad parking the car next to the water. My sister & I slept in the back & our parents took the front & second row seats. I was about 7 and I thought it was a great adventure!
Sandra
Old 08-13-2008, 04:27 PM   #21

Trailer: 84 16 ft Scamp
We've had a 1970 26 ft Avion forever. When our kids were still home we used it extensively and it worked well for us.

Then when my parents became infirm, I bought their 16 ft Scamp hoping they would recover and be able to use it again. I used it as a mobile office for a few years doing consulting work. Now as a retired couple we are using it for visits to our kids and their families.

However the Avion is still here. After a remodel of our house -- the kitchen is the last major involvement -- I plan to completely re-do the interior of the Avion. I will be used for winter sorties south.