Murder in a Fiberglass Trailer! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-17-2007, 09:36 PM   #15

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe 1995

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1827__Medium_.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	6065
We took a 22 day trip to a warmer place, it was great until the cold front moved in. When you can't be outside for several days in a row, it gets hard. We stayed in rv parks when it was cold so we could have wifi, laundry,cable tv and a nice shower. Cold, windy days were good to take nice long sight seeing drives. On warmer days we parked on the beach and boondocked. MUCH BETTER

Old 01-17-2007, 10:56 PM   #16

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Thankyou all for your great replies. Bonnie and I enjoyed them very much. Hearing how others are traveling makes the prospect seem less daunting. She may chime in soon.
Dave

Old 01-17-2007, 11:50 PM   #17

Name: Larry
Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Washington
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Quote:
Thankyou all for your great replies. Bonnie and I enjoyed them very much. Hearing how others are traveling makes the prospect seem less daunting. She may chime in soon.
Dave
Maybe it's that Larry and I have never lived in anything with more than 750 sq ft. but we seem to get along very well in our 13 ft scamp.... Just wish we had more free time to spend with it
Old 01-18-2007, 10:11 AM   #18

Name: Myron
Trailer: 19' Escape
NM
Registry
“I asked you to stop at that rest stop!”

He had been in a trance the last 50 miles or so, listening to “Asleep at the Wheel” on the CD player in the Ford. Deep into “Take me back to Tulsa,” M. missed the turnoff to the Big Boy. “Oh,” he said, snapping out of it, but that wouldn’t be an answer good enough for her on this particular trip. Enough was enough, she thought.

“M,” she said, tersely pausing at each syllable of his name between clenched teeth, “I really needed that stop. What’s the matter with you?”

“Ok, ok, next one.” And he turned the volume back up. Very big mistake.

Onions were ready, fry pan sizzling, Merlot (Sutter Home) at the ready, his back was turned to her as he bent over the stove in the Burro preparing his specialty, steak el Diablo de crucifixion. How appropriate. They had been on the road in Maine for only three days but it had not been a perfect trip. The Burro was pulling well and though at 16 mpg the ’92 Explorer’s mileage sucked he found it fun to drive, roomy, comfy, paid for. That’s all he cared about. Well, M. was happy enough, for he enjoyed any outing, proud of his trailer restoration, but she had reached her limits, a tipping point, the edge, Def-con 6, code Red. He didn’t know it but she was in pain. She wanted out.

But he had driven past that last rest stop without stopping. In hindsight, woe be to them who ignore the signs.

Now was her time for revenge. We know of the three dimensions of wedded space; length (how long can you stand to sacrifice your personal space), width (how much of the big picture can you see), and height (how do you avoid shrinkage), but what took place here that night entered a fourth dimension, maybe even a fifth. A trip into surreality, where time melts and bends and your brain feels like exploding, then re-assembles, and explodes again. Yes it hurts. As mentioned earlier, it was a dark and stormy night. It all happened so quickly piecing together the events will be difficult, nee impossible, but we can speculate. Clearly, marital wrath is inscrutable, if not nuclear. Has not every man felt this? A lucky few may avoid it. But just you wait.

First, there were the black, elongated scorch marks where the Burro had been, and the broken tree branches above, all strangely turned upward to the sky. Lightning could have struck, but would that explain the branches? Then there was the residue of sulfur and saltpeter, and an odd yellow-green slime. Bark on nearby maple trees seemed flattened, withered by sound. Whatever explosion had taken place there was clearly feminine, curdled, but bloodless, no doubt far too loud to record, impossible to explain, and besides, where was the Burro? They never found it. Everything gone? Everything.

Later a local reported hearing a big splash in the lake, about 8 or 9 Pm on the last day anyone had seen Burro or its owner. They began the dredging, but so far, nothing.

More Merlot?
Old 01-18-2007, 10:36 AM   #19

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2003 Casita 16' SD
Michigan
Registry
Following Horace Rumpole's lead, I soon discovered that my significant other had a secret name: She Who Must Be Obeyed.

I also quickly discovered that she had a last name: Cheerfully.

SWMBO Cheerfully.

Curiously, as I decided to move on, it was in fact, cheerfully.

Chateau Thames Embankment anyone?
Old 01-18-2007, 10:47 AM   #20

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Myron,
You are the father of a new genre.... Fiber Noir
Old 01-18-2007, 11:25 AM   #21

Name: Linda and Dale and Dallas the cat
Trailer: 1984 Fiber Stream
California
If I drive past a rest area and my significant other informs me that I should have stopped I quickly find a wide pull off and allow the services of the Casita to be used. It really helps keep peace and harmony.

And now I will have to tune in while on the road to see if CSI finds any clues or if a witness protection program was established. Waiting for "the rest of the story".
Old 01-18-2007, 07:01 PM   #22

Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Iowa
Forgive me if I'm a little unclear on the concept here. I don't exactly understand what everyone is talking about... are other brands smaller inside than the Bigfoot? My wife and I frequently have difficulty locating one another in the trailer when we want to be together.

Here's three shots of our 17', the first is the exterior, and then two interior shots.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bigfoot_17.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	6087
[attachment=7615:attachm
ent]

It says the usual stuff on the outside, but there's a curious tag near the RV Mfg's Assn certification tag that says something about Tardis, Type 50... but I really don't know what that's all about.

Roger
Attached Thumbnails
grand_salon.jpg   elevators.jpg  

Old 01-18-2007, 07:21 PM   #23

Trailer: 1999 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to PAUL J
Roger:

I love it finally another DocKtor Who fan! We have the Casita model and I believe it is a 5th or sixth regeneration just like the good DocKtor. Oh how we miss K9 since the wife has installed the kat.

Loved your post
Old 01-18-2007, 07:39 PM   #24

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2007 Bigfoot 25' Rear Queen
Oregon
Registry
Trade the Trill in for a Bigfoot...
Old 01-18-2007, 07:44 PM   #25

Trailer: Cadet 1985 / 2006 Element
When we find our egg I think I will name it The Tardis...another devotee of The Doctor here. Don't think I will paint it blue, though.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:37 AM   #26

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2003 Casita 16' SD
Michigan
Registry
....must......resist......introducing.....Electrol ux Death Ray..... into.....thread.....AAARGH!

Darn! Off topic! Gratuitous! I'm so weak!
Old 01-19-2007, 06:43 AM   #27

Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Iowa
Quote:
....must......resist......introducing.....Electrol ux Death Ray..... into.....thread.....AAARGH!

Darn! Off topic! Gratuitous! I'm so weak!
Old 01-19-2007, 08:34 PM   #28

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy

Quote:
We know of the three dimensions of wedded space;
[b]length (how long can you stand to sacrifice your personal space),
[b]width (how much of the big picture can you see),
and [b]height (how do you avoid shrinkage),

but what took place here that night entered a [b]fourth dimension, maybe even a fifth.
A trip into surreality...
...that has a vortex portal confined to the front passenger seat of our Honda. I have experienced it myself! It is truly a frightening place!

Is that why they named it: Od·ys·sey? [[b]od-uh-see]
2. (often lowercase) a long series of wanderings or adventures, esp. when filled with notable experiences, [b]hardships, etc.