Music/Songs - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-08-2003, 03:59 PM   #15

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Orginally posted by Suz

>>I always thought the title was Drop Kick Me JesusThrough The Goal Posts Of Life

Yep, Nick, you got that one right. Morgan, just shortened it.
Suz Belle,

I think that's the first line. I don't really know, I downloaded it from the late Napster. It goes something like:

Drop kick me, Jesus
Through those righteous uprights
End over end, neither left nor to the right

JJ was right, it must be a joke.

Old 04-08-2003, 04:07 PM   #16

Morgan

Morgan - Nope, that's the full title best I can recollect (and according to what I found). It's a country and western song. I'll double check my facts. Meantime, check this out.

Drop Kick Me Jesus through the Goalposts...

Old 04-08-2003, 04:08 PM   #17

One of my all time favorite country songs is Hey Lala by The Country Gentlemen.

I don't like the newer country music, but that old stuf from the 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s is good listening.

One of my favorite albums is Odes to Irene Papas by Vangelis.

I like all of Ludwig von Beethoven's music.

I dislike Rap and the later rock music. I like the original rock and roll from the 50s and 60s.

I like New Orleans Jazz and some other jazz like Coltrane.

I like most Bluegrass.
Old 04-08-2003, 04:16 PM   #18

Quote:
Orginally posted by Suz

Morgan - Nope, that's the full title best I can recollect (and according to what I found). It's a country and western song. I'll double check my facts. Meantime, check this out.

Drop Kick Me Jesus through the Goalposts...
Oh you're good, Suz. I stand connected. :r

If anyone wants a pirated copy, I have it on MP3.
Old 04-08-2003, 04:26 PM   #19

Morgan

>>... I stand connected

You are the most connected person I know ;)
Old 04-09-2003, 03:08 PM   #20

Favorites

Just about anything by The Neville Brothers, although their old Wild Tchoupitoulas collaboration with The Meters is probably my absolute favorite.

:dance :banana :dance
Old 04-09-2003, 05:34 PM   #21

merrit mountain music fest

For those interested and in BC in July.

http://www.mountainfest.com/

yee haw!
Old 04-09-2003, 05:41 PM   #22

music

:wave, folks,
I guess my favorite thing is to leave the radio at home and listen to nothing in particular. Ole Charles will probably get a boot out of the fact that I remember when I was skiing age in New England we would go way out in the boonies when it was snowing and you could virtually hear the snow falling on the trees. I remember a couple of years ago I was taking a float trip in southwest Virginia and where we got out there was a primative campground and a bunch of kids had just arrived for a weekend of camping, before we had our equiptment loaded up they pulled what appeared to be about $4000.00 worth of amplifiers etc. and that along with 3or4 kegs was going to be their weekend. Not my style of camping.:shg :quiet
:wave I do like music, 50's, 60's, big band, classical gospel, bluegrass & the older country:wave Bill
Old 04-09-2003, 05:47 PM   #23

Hey, Bill, I'm with you. I don't want to listen to anything but the songbirds when I'm camping. (Well, the occasional sing-around-the-campfire is an exception.) I didn't think Ches was asking what we want to listen to at the campground... although maybe I mis-read his post.

:sunny
Old 04-09-2003, 05:48 PM   #24

Music

My favorite CD to drive by is Man of La Mancha
Old 04-09-2003, 05:51 PM   #25

Quote:
Orginally posted by Mary F

Hey, Bill, I'm with you. I don't want to listen to anything but the songbirds when I'm camping. (Well, the occasional sing-around-the-campfire is an exception.) I didn't think Ches was asking what we want to listen to at the campground... although maybe I mis-read his post.

:sunny
Hi Mary
No you read it right.Music and songs in general.At campgrounds I like it quite.I cant stand boom boxes and stuff like that.:)
Old 04-09-2003, 06:58 PM   #26

Music

I've been thinking about this, and I really don't have a particular type. The music I choose is based on my mood, the situation, driving conditions, etc. I never listen to music at home or when camping as I prefer the rare sounds of silence when it's available (not to be confused with Simon and Garfunkle's song, but an actual void of mechanical instruments or voices).

When driving down the road, temperature around 70* and full sun, then I open up the sun roof and nothing will do but Andrea Bocelli! Other times it might be Enya, or perhaps Bob Dylan, or even Sweet Baby James (Taylor). Then there are the days that I listen to Willie and Waylon and the boys. But then it might be Scott Joplin on another day. And the list goes on. What is my favorite music? Depends on the day...

...ah, then there's always Reggae or the times when I've stomped out a beat at Blue Grass festivals in the North Georgia Mountains or Zydeco when eatin' crayfish.....

Yep...I have favorites...just gotta know where I am and what I'm doing, then maybe I can let you know.
Old 04-09-2003, 08:13 PM   #27

Quote:
Orginally posted by Mike T

For those interested and in BC in July.

http://www.mountainfest.com/

yee haw!

This is a must see while in BC folks. I've never been there yet but have always wanted to check it out. Maybe this year. ;)
Old 04-10-2003, 09:47 AM   #28

De Manuire Fest

Well their is another great Canadian Fest [sure wish I would have stayed in Canada] is the De Manuire probally spelled this wrong. It is held in July I think in Quebec City. The also have the Montreal Jazz Fest. I myself happen to like Quebec they have very good resturants and know how to party.

Now at that fest you will get a bunch of Nufi's in and some from PEI which is kinda of a whole culture of its own.

I like all those Canadian chick singers too Loreena McKinnet, Margo Timmons aka Cowboy Junkies, Shina Twain which is not her real name, among others. Their is also another on Tara Mclaine who is very witchie like Loreena but totally different, kinda like mixing Enya and Loreena Mckinnet along with some Sarah McLaughlin.

Anyway starting in 04 I am going to spend about 4 months of the year up north so I can get away from the nut cases we have down here.