My #1 favoritiest reason for having... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2007, 11:44 AM   #1

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Foiling the dogs!

Har! I put the trash in there, as well as the dog food.

Easy to open the door and chuck the garbage in the can, excuse the pun.

oh, life is good. I have two dogs in here enjoying the cool fantastic fan and not trying to snoop out tidbits.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:34 PM   #2

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Yes, that's a good thing! So where are you camping?
Old 04-06-2007, 06:46 PM   #3

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I am at a county campground on the Kern, about 10 miles east of Bakersfield. It's actually quite a nice campground, and it's green and cool. No hook ups, and every site is a pull thru, but it seems OK. More city parklike than further east, but it is a great base camp for wandering up into Sequoia and seeing the spring growth.

For fishing, you would like this spot. Its a bit nicer than "the other one" and right on the river. The ranger says this place is completely empty all winter for campers. Tho it's open year round.

I am not on a river spot. Every thing was taken there when I got here 1 ish yesterday! It'll be busy this weekend. The park is heavily patrolled and everyone seems well behaved.. or they get zapped.

I am on the far side, with a view of the hills instead, in non party zone anyway.

Went up the 178 today. Everything is turned green and the wildflowers are starting to get bright. The river is clean and cool. "We" stopped along the way and had a dip (Well, sticky did) and rested in the shade and just stared at the rolling hills and canyon. Was quite spectacular. (And per my vacation tradition.. I forgot my memory card AND dingle for the camera )

Didn't see any trailer friendly campgrounds, they are all down on the river and dispersed. But beautiful. One would need a more powerful vehicle to get to the sites, tho not quite a 4wd. I could probably do it.

Made it as far as the Rite Aid in Issebella.. then came back for a nap.

I will try the mountain camp tomorrow. Hopefully Kitty will continue her Non Ralphing state. She did well today up that hiway.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:50 PM   #4

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
My favorite reason and momma agrees is we can't hold it like we used to
Old 04-06-2007, 10:14 PM   #5

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
We tested our bathroom in the UHaul today. Hubby has to duck but I can stand to shower. It has a portapotty, not a toilet. The potty tucks away under the front dinette seat when not in use. Our new normal-sized potty is too big, but the one that came with the UHaul fits the spot. But we won't have to worry about bees in the campground potty. That is my favorite reason for having a bathroom. Yes, I have been stung there .... in the potty that is !

CindyL
Old 04-07-2007, 10:15 AM   #6

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
My favorite reason: No late night excursions into the pitch black night while in a foreign place.

I once had a bad experience finding my way to the facilities in the wee hours. I kept swinging my flashlight to give my path coverage. In the dark I heard twittering. I swung the light in a large arc and found myself surrounded by a bunch of guys. They had stifled themselves and stopped moving as I walked through their midst. One of them was more antsy than the others and when he moved I knew they were surrounding me. There were more than a dozen of them. Fortunately they had no interest in me. That's when I decided I wanted full facilities INSIDE my unit.
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:25 PM   #7

Trailer: 2003 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Send a message via AIM to Robert Brummett Send a message via MSN to Robert Brummett Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Brummett
Not to make light of a scary situation, but I have NEVER been surrounded by women while on my way to the loo.

In addition to the obvious pleasure of full-out camping with a personal bathroom, I guess my favorite would be when stopping for lunch when on the road. I put the dawg in the trailer, go in and get our lunches, and then return to the trailer. (I've usually been pretty luck at being able to find a nice shady spot to park.) Having a clean, private bathroom on such occasions is a priceless luxury.
Robert Brummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 07:38 PM   #8

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy

Quote:
My favorite reason ... is we can't hold it like we used to
Quote:
I guess my favorite would be when stopping ... when on the road.

Having a clean, private bathroom on such occasions is a priceless luxury.
I can remember that during my youth, on long car trips, Mom always used to complain about Dad's driving. Specifically, his not stopping. Where ever Dad went, he would get in the car and drive until he got to where he was going. It didn't matter if it took 2 hours or 3 days. Mom, on the other hand... She took to calling him, "Ole Lead Bottom."

In my youth, I was a chip off the old block. Now, I take after Mom... It is reassuring to have a bathroom following along behind, mere steps from the driver's seat.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:28 PM   #9

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
Benita, just reading your story gave me the chills. Glad those guys did not bother you. That had to have been one frightning experiance even if you were safe.

Thank goodness for a porta potty IN my camper! No way I would want to venture out at night. That is definately the biggest reason for an inside potty. Safety is my biggest reason for having one (besides posssibly not making it to the restroom down the block that is)

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote