My Dream Trip - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-22-2012, 07:58 AM   #1
Name: Patricia
Trailer: 13ft U-Haul 1986
My Dream Trip have wanted to do this trip since 1995 camping and my 13ft U-Haul made my dream come true this summer. I sold my house and am actually been living in the trailer since August 8 th. I left Sault Ste Marie and went to Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI , Nova Scotia, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York and am now back in Canada in Niagara-On-The-Lake. I had a wonderful trip and if anyone would like to get bored you and click on this link for my blog:. I was the little cute guy in every trailer park and only spotted two 13ft fiberglass trailers in all my travels. Just before Magnetic Mountain NB a white and a blue 13ft Boler passed me on the highway. When I pulled into the gas station I talked with the Blue Boler people who where from Manitoba. First long trip for them with their new to them 1972 Boler and they were heading home. I am not sure at this point if I will rent a place for the winter or head south. My trailer has really become my home and I love it.
Attached Thumbnails
P1100213.jpg   P1100470.jpg  

Patricia P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:01 AM   #2
Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
We had a rally about 5 miles from Niagara on the Lake just last weekend with 20 other members here, so close.

cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
You're not homeless Patricia... you're mobile! And there's lots of people who wish they could trade places with you... including me!

Safe travels
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:39 AM   #4
Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Good on you for living your dream, life can be care free.
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:03 AM   #5
Name: Jo
Trailer: have ordered Casita SD 17
Go for it Patricia! Life is too short not to do/live where you want to. That's always been our philosophy. We moved to Florida when we were 40 to be able to enjoy year-round sunshine, bought a 40 ft. ketch which we had planned to sail around the Caribbean and who knows where else. When that dream didn't pan out (health reasons), we retired young and moved to Spain (hubby and my father's home town) where we live a stone's throw from the Atlantic in a beautiful fishing village. Because we can't stay still... we bought a 12 ft. TT (here called a caravan) have traveled all over Spain and southern France. Now, we aren't content to do it on one continent, we want to do it in N. America with a Casita. So go for it! Move south for the winter and stay in your U-Haul. If you feel like we do, our TT really feels like "home".
Jo Agrafojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:04 AM   #6
Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 2012 Chevy Silverado
By all means, head south for the winter. Scads of wonderful places & people.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #7
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Patricia -Good on you! home is where you make it!

Head south girl! You will find as I did last winter that you will not be on your own down there -were ever you go! As a Canadian there is something special about sitting around a campfire a few days before Christmas with shorts and flipflops on! ;-))
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:32 AM   #8
Name: PAT
Hello from another Patricia

Love that you are living your dream. I am contemplating the same lifestyle and am just beginning the journey--I've had lots of encouragement from all the wonderful folks on this website--unfortunately, not getting any from my family. Oh well, they will come around.

Just wondering what kind of rig you are pulling your "egg" with? I figure I'd better get my vehicle lined up before I get my trailer. What about unhooking it--is that hard? All of this camping stuff is new to me and I am a bit worried about pulling something behind me. My kids laugh that all my wrecks have been when I have been backing up--so that certainly is not my best driving skill. I will be keeping up with your blog and corresponding with you. Happy Trails to you and have a great Saturday.

scrazyp is offline   Reply With Quote